Destination question

Destination question

L.S.

I have a couple of radiobuttons. When I click the submitbutton, the value of the radiobutton must be used as destination (next screen). How do i achieve this?

Regards, Harry 
Hi Harry,

if i'm understanding it well, you want something like (example):

RadioBtn1 -> GoTo List.apsx
RadioBtn2 -> GoTo Edit. apsx

If so, in the end of the action for your submit button, you can add a switch and then link it to various screens, then make the conditions:

If RadioBtnVariable = "List.apsx" -> will redirect to List.apsx

and so on.

Let us know if it is this, and if you need some kind of example.oml to figure it out better.

regards,
Miguel
Hi Miguel,

The 'problem' is that the radiobutton values are dynamic (database). I don't know in front how many radiobuttons there will be and what the value of the selected will be (the values are valid - valid screennames- though).

Regards, Harry  
Hello Harry,

Would it be possible to make a webblock with two input paramters (name and screenName). This webblock has an radiobutton on it (the name stands for the name used at the radiobutton). The webblock has one action (let say: destination) and when the onNotify of the radiobutton is called it goes to the destination action and redirects the user to the screen (input screenName)

When you get the RL from you're database, put it into a listrecord which contains the webblock with the radiobutton. Then the number of radiobuttons is dynamic even as the screen destination.

Would this be the solution?

Kind regards,
Evert
Hi Evert,

Sounds like the solution I need. However I dont see how I can set the destination to the input screenname. When i choose the destination widget I have to choose from the available webbscreens, so I guess I'm missing something here.

Regards, Harry
Hello Harry,

I think you need to store the destination in you database also. You can use the getEntryURL function (I think http request handler) to get the full URL of a entrypoint (which is connected to a screen). In the webblock in the destination action you use the externalURL to go to the corrected screen.

Hope you know what I mean?

Kind regards,
Evert
Hello Evert,

Just what I needed, thanks!

Regards, Harry