Table physical name

Table physical name

Hello,
i liked
 that the name of the physical tables, in the database, be the same name of entities.
How can I do this?

Tanks!

Marina Monteiro

That question was posted years ago. Check the answers that go all the way since version 3.2 to 6:

http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?Topic=Configuring-the-physical-table-name-format-for-Entities
Hello Marina,

Nice to know that also other people are asking the same question with regards to tablenames.

The main reason why I asked the question is because I wanted to query the database directly via SQL Navigator (we're using Oracle) to see the data. Because OS uses the prefixes, it is impossible to know the table name by heart. You have to look up the real name in the OSSUS_Entity table. This is also explained in the reply I got back from OS support. Especially the last paragraph is important. You can change the table names, but you will loose some build in security/validation.

What we plan to do is create views for the mostly used queries we want to perform. The table name is created during the 1st deploy and never changes afterwards so it is a 1 time task.

*** mail extract from OutSystems Support
Hi Kurt,

Regarding the Table Naming issue, I would like to explain a little better the options available and try to remove any confusions that might exist.
The Entity table name used by the Agile Platform  (in an Oracle Database) is always composed by 18 Characters, and the name clash that can arise from this is suppressed by adding a number suffix in the table names, but despite this it’s always simple to find an entity table name querying the OSSYS_Entity table by the name of the eSpace and eSpace Entity Name.

Whether you use the default prefix (OSUSR_ ) or just the Entity Name for physical table names the system table (OSSYS_Entity) always has the information between the eSpaces Entities and the real table names.

I would also like to point that when using the Entity Name (as the entity table name) you are allowing the possibility to access eSpace tables directly though an advanced query, without them being referenced in the eSpace references (meaning that a eSpace A can access an entity from eSpace B, buy its table name, without the need for the eSpace B to a reference of eSpace A), this happens because the Agile Platform ceases to validate the data model directly.