Change database connection for Extension

Change database connection for Extension

I've been doing some research on the forum about this and haven't really fully understood. Either I think this should be simpler than it is or I have got the wrong end of the stick!

I have two databases, lets call them Database_PROD and Database_UAT. Both are identical. I have created two database connections in the service centre poiting to each database, they are called CONNECT_PROD and CONNECT_UAT.

I have an extension that was originally created by importing entities from Database_UAT. It uses the CONNECT_UAT connection as specified in the service centre. All is workign well.

However, I thought that I could change the database connection for the extension (in service centre) to CONNECT_PROD. And I can, except it still connects to DATABASE_UAT, as opposed to DATABASE_PROD. Interestingly, in SQL Server Management Studio I can see processes happening in DATABASE_PROD, but any edits to records etc. still occur in DATABASE_UAT, not the PROD database.

How can I point the extension to use DATABSE_PROD tables rather than UAT. I have tried going in to Integration Studio and manually changing the Physical Table names, but that just causes IS to hang when it tries to verify/compile/publish. I have also changed the catalog the database connection uses, but still to no avail. It's almost as if the extension is locked in to the original tables it was created with.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom,

This may sound like a silly question, but have you recompiled the eSpace that uses the extension after changing its Logical Database mapping in Service Center?

Cheers,

Miguel
Hi Miguel,

If by recompile you mean publish/redeploy, then yes.

I have just changed the logical database in Service Centre again, redeployed and I still get the same problem. Showing data from the wrong database, but in SQL Management Studio it clearly shows processes happening in the correct database...

Actually I just checked out the query text for some of the processes. They all refer to the wrong database. Looks like I'm logged in to the correct database and using that to query the other? Does this make sense?

Cheers,

Tom
Hi Tom,

I have a feeling that the Physical Table Name for the Entities you imported the entities in Integration Studio is being prefixed by the original Catalog name, causing it to always refer Database_UAT.

Re-open the extension and make sure that all the Physical Table Names look like "dbo"."foobar" and not "
Database_UAT"."dbo"."foobar". In the latter case, remove the "Database_UAT". prefix. Republish the extension and then the affected eSpace and let me know if it looks ok.

Cheers,

Miguel
Hi Miguel,

Just letting you know that worked an absolute treat!

Cheers,

Tom
Hi a followed the steps described in the posts and everything work well except in some queries that I’m using the system tables User, Role and UserRole. The problem is that the 3 presented tables doesn’t have a logical database assigned and I can’t edit them. Any help please?