Widget Table Records - number of columns

Widget Table Records - number of columns

Hello,

i need help!
How can I put the number of columns in Widget Table Records?
I need to show each row of the entitie in a table column...
Is that possible?

Tanks.

Hi Marina,

You can just drag the widget table records to the screen and after that select the entity you want and drag it on top of that widget in your webscreen.

Hope it helps,
Hermínio Mira
That doesn't help... ;)

What i want is, instead table row presentation, i want table column presentation.
But table records widget doesn't have display columns proprietie...

Tanks!
Marina Monteiro
Hi Mariana

The Table Records Widget was design to present a list of data values, iterated by row and not by column. Meaning that you set the columns as the fixed vector of the table, and it's the number of rows that will increae with the number of records in the list.

It seems that you want to fix the number of rows, and have the list data being iterated by column. Is that correct?

If so, can you detail the use case? Perhaps there's another way of doing it besides using the Table Records Widget.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
Good Morning!

don't want to fix the number of rows.

I just want there to be able to split the table into two or more columns:

example:

row1: attributeattribute2   row2: attributeattribute2

that is, get it:

instead of this:

Tanks.
Marina Monteiro
Hi,

Then you'll need to use the ListRecords Widget instead of the TableRecords, and in each row of the list create the structure (using a table for example) you need showing the data you want.

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira
Can you send me a simple example?

Tanks.
Here it is, at least this is an example with what I understand you are trying to do.

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira
Hi,

Ok maybe I did not explained well ... What I want is the list as in the example is sending, in attachment.

Hmm... uncommon use case. So, you effecttively want to have a dual column table record, where each "panel" is effectivelly showing the several attributes of a record on each row, right?

Questions:
1) Do you just want fixed two columns, or "n" columns?
2) How would the records/panels repeat along vertically? By this I mean, assuming your record looks like

Name
Mobile

and your list contains 4 of these, would it look like this onscreen?

Name1 Name2
Mobile1 Mobile2
Name3 Name4
Mobile3 Mobile4
If that is the case, it looks like you may want a Show Record inside a block that is then placed inside a ListRecord. I can elaborate on this on a later post if that is what you want.

Cheers,

Miguel
Hi,

Tanks for the replay!

1) i want n columns;

2) yes, i want that the records/panels repeat along vertically.
Your onscreen is correct: this is the case where we have 4 records set in 2 columns.

If it were the case that these 4 records were shown in 4 columns, was as follows:

This is what I need!

Tanks!

Marina Monteiro

Hi Marina,

Here's a small eSpace that shows what you want. Look at the comments inside the eSpace itself to see how I accomplished the variable panel/column thing.

If you open SampleScreen on the browser with no params, it defaults to 2 columns. To try 3 columns simply use

<yourserver>/VariableColumnList/Entry1.aspx?NumCols=3

and so on.

Hope this helps,

Miguel
Good Morning!

Thanks for the example!
Was what I needed, now i make some changes to my specific case.

Marina Monteiro
Cool - glad to be of assistance! :)

Miguel