Creating Android Hybrid Apps step by step

Creating Android Hybrid Apps step by step

(credits to my team and everybody that somehow help to get this checklist done) 
  1. Get any OS (I’m using windows in this example)
  2. Download android development kit
    1. I recommend the package provided by motorola:
  3. Download the android SDK
  4. Install the android SDK, by following the steps
  5. Download the PhoneGap plugin
    1. Download the PhoneGap 0.9.4 (or newer version availabe) at
    2. The instruction to install the plugin are here
    3. To access any of the native stuff from your app take a look at
  6. If you want to scan QR codes install and use the XZing plugin available at
  7. Develop your application using OutSystems
    1. The usual stuff
    2. Download and deploy the PhoneGapHelper eSpace - get it
    3. Call the SetupPhoneGap action from the OnSessionStart on your eSpace
    4. Add the Scripts webblock from the PhoneGapHelper eSpace to your footer webblock
    5. This should be enough to provide feedback while loading pages and to properly
  8. Wrap the OutSystms stuff in the PhoneGap stuff
    1. Go to the Motodev Studio and reqrite the index.html from your project so that it directs the user to the right page and appropriately handles the lack of connectivity. Example below (includes commented out tab bar setup which we’re only adding later in this set by step guide)

<h1>Connection Problems</h1>

<h2>The device is not connected to any network</h2>

1. Signing your application
    1. First you need to export your application unsigned - to do it you must click with the right click on your project and then choose Android Tools -> Export Unsigned Application Package
    2. Obtain a suitable private key by going to the command line and using the KeyTool.
      1. Example: keytool -genkey -v -keystore my-release-key.keystore -alias alias_name -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
    3. Sign your application with your private key by using the Jarsigner in the command line
      1. Example: jarsigner -verbose -keystore my-release-key.keystore my_application.apk alias_name

Note: Apk should be in the same directory as the jarsigner.

1. Align the final APK package by using the zipalign int he command line
      1. Example: zipalign -v 4 your_project_name-unaligned.apk your_project_name.apk
    2. The tools jarsigner and keytool are in the jdk\bin directory and the zipalign is in the android-sdk\tools
    3. For more help and details you can go to
  1. Install APK files from your computer to youir device
    1. Connect your phone to computer in disk drive mode (connect to USB cable, select Disk Drive from the options that appear on the phone, press done)
    2. Copy the APK file to the SD card
    3. Disconnect the Phone from your computer
    4. Select and install the application from your SD card
for Creating iOS Hybrid Apps step by step...
  1. Buy a Mac
  2. I need to get the mac :)

thanks for the article.

....and yes, you should get a mac, its a great little machine!! :)
Nice one ricardo,i have been kind of busy of late.I had done something similar and it seems to be working for now although iam still running further test.Any ways good job.