jQuery and Tooltips

jQuery and Tooltips

Has anyone used jQuery to customize the tooltips using the title attribute?
Based on the site, it seems to be a simple and straightforward process, but I can't seem to get it to work.

I added the reference to the toolset, added the code that I believe is supposed to point the .tooltip style to the CSS, and added the CSS code, but I just see the default tooltip.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
1) Did you add jQuery framework using "AddJavaScriptTag" (found under HTTPRequestHandler)?
2) JQuery code - Did you use an unescape express? (ie Set escape Content to No)
OK.  So I created a webBlock.

In the preparation, I added the AddJavaScriptTag with the JavaScriptURL="http://cdn.jquerytools.org/1.2.6/full/jquery.tools.min.js"

In the body of the webBlock, I set escape content to "no" and created an expression with value =

"<script>
$(document).ready(function() {

$('img[title]').tooltip();

});
</script>"

The in the CSS I added the following:
.tooltip {
        display:none;
        background-color:#ffa;
        border:1px solid #cc9;
        padding:3px;
        font-size:13px;
        -moz-box-shadow: 2px 2px 11px #666;
        -webkit-box-shadow: 2px 2px 11px #666;
    }
Still not working. Unfortunately, I know nothing about this, so I don't even know what to check...

It is not possible to use it that way.

The platform already comes with jquery.

In order to use the jquery extensions should put as follows in the javascript of the page:

(function(jQuery) {
/*!
 * jQuery Tools v1.2.6 - The missing UI library for the Web
 * tooltip/tooltip.js
 * NO COPYRIGHTS OR LICENSES. DO WHAT YOU LIKE.
 * http://flowplayer.org/tools/
 */
(function(a){a.tools=a.tools||{version:"v1.2.6"},a.tools.tooltip={conf:{effect:"toggle",fadeOutSpeed:"fast",predelay:0,delay:30,opacity:1,tip:0,fadeIE:!1,position:["top","center"],offset:[0,0],relative:!1,cancelDefault:!0,events:{def:"mouseenter,mouseleave",input:"focus,blur",widget:"focus mouseenter,blur mouseleave",tooltip:"mouseenter,mouseleave"},layout:"<div/>",tipClass:"tooltip"},addEffect:function(a,c,d){b[a]=[c,d]}};var b={toggle:[function(a){var b=this.getConf(),c=this.getTip(),d=b.opacity;d<1&&c.css({opacity:d}),c.show(),a.call()},function(a){this.getTip().hide(),a.call()}],fade:[function(b){var c=this.getConf();!a.browser.msie||c.fadeIE?this.getTip().fadeTo(c.fadeInSpeed,c.opacity,b):(this.getTip().show(),b())},function(b){var c=this.getConf();!a.browser.msie||c.fadeIE?this.getTip().fadeOut(c.fadeOutSpeed,b):(this.getTip().hide(),b())}]};function c(b,c,d){var e=d.relative?b.position().top:b.offset().top,f=d.relative?b.position().left:b.offset().left,g=d.position[0];e-=c.outerHeight()-d.offset[0],f+=b.outerWidth()+d.offset[1],/iPad/i.test(navigator.userAgent)&&(e-=a(window).scrollTop());var h=c.outerHeight()+b.outerHeight();g=="center"&&(e+=h/2),g=="bottom"&&(e+=h),g=d.position[1];var i=c.outerWidth()+b.outerWidth();g=="center"&&(f-=i/2),g=="left"&&(f-=i);return{top:e,left:f}}function d(d,e){var f=this,g=d.add(f),h,i=0,j=0,k=d.attr("title"),l=d.attr("data-tooltip"),m=b[e.effect],n,o=d.is(":input"),p=o&&d.is(":checkbox, :radio, select, :button, :submit"),q=d.attr("type"),r=e.events[q]||e.events[o?p?"widget":"input":"def"];if(!m)throw"Nonexistent effect \""+e.effect+"\"";r=r.split(/,\s*/);if(r.length!=2)throw"Tooltip: bad events configuration for "+q;d.bind(r[0],function(a){clearTimeout(i),e.predelay?j=setTimeout(function(){f.show(a)},e.predelay):f.show(a)}).bind(r[1],function(a){clearTimeout(j),e.delay?i=setTimeout(function(){f.hide(a)},e.delay):f.hide(a)}),k&&e.cancelDefault&&(d.removeAttr("title"),d.data("title",k)),a.extend(f,{show:function(b){if(!h){l?h=a(l):e.tip?h=a(e.tip).eq(0):k?h=a(e.layout).addClass(e.tipClass).appendTo(document.body).hide().append(k):(h=d.next(),h.length||(h=d.parent().next()));if(!h.length)throw"Cannot find tooltip for "+d}if(f.isShown())return f;h.stop(!0,!0);var o=c(d,h,e);e.tip&&h.html(d.data("title")),b=a.Event(),b.type="onBeforeShow",g.trigger(b,[o]);if(b.isDefaultPrevented())return f;o=c(d,h,e),h.css({position:"absolute",top:o.top,left:o.left}),n=!0,m[0].call(f,function(){b.type="onShow",n="full",g.trigger(b)});var p=e.events.tooltip.split(/,\s*/);h.data("__set")||(h.unbind(p[0]).bind(p[0],function(){clearTimeout(i),clearTimeout(j)}),p[1]&&!d.is("input:not(:checkbox, :radio), textarea")&&h.unbind(p[1]).bind(p[1],function(a){a.relatedTarget!=d[0]&&d.trigger(r[1].split(" ")[0])}),e.tip||h.data("__set",!0));return f},hide:function(c){if(!h||!f.isShown())return f;c=a.Event(),c.type="onBeforeHide",g.trigger(c);if(!c.isDefaultPrevented()){n=!1,b[e.effect][1].call(f,function(){c.type="onHide",g.trigger(c)});return f}},isShown:function(a){return a?n=="full":n},getConf:function(){return e},getTip:function(){return h},getTrigger:function(){return d}}),a.each("onHide,onBeforeShow,onShow,onBeforeHide".split(","),function(b,c){a.isFunction(e[c])&&a(f).bind(c,e[c]),f[c]=function(b){b&&a(f).bind(c,b);return f}})}a.fn.tooltip=function(b){var c=this.data("tooltip");if(c)return c;b=a.extend(!0,{},a.tools.tooltip.conf,b),typeof b.position=="string"&&(b.position=b.position.split(/,?\s/)),this.each(function(){c=new d(a(this),b),a(this).data("tooltip",c)});return b.api?c:this}})(jQuery);

})(osjs);

To use just do:

<script>
osjs(function($){

$(document).ready(function() {

$('img[title]').tooltip();

});

});
</script>

Anyone mind to create a proof of concept, because i can't get it to work when hover over an image.

Thanks in advance.
Dave Saman wrote:
Anyone mind to create a proof of concept, because i can't get it to work when hover over an image.

Thanks in advance.

A small example.
Hello,

I can suggest check the webpage i found and posted in my blog: http://learnagile.blogspot.pt/2012/05/jquery-easiest-tooltip-and-image.html

There are 3 types of jQuery Easy Tooltips samples if you follow the link on it.