SEO Friendly URL Not Installed

SEO Friendly URL Not Installed

  
Hi All, 

I'd like to configure the SEO Friendly URL features.  However, I receve this message from Service Center:

ERROR - Filter does not appear to be installed on the following node(s): prodapp
Please refer to the Technote available at http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkDocuments/DocumentDetail.aspx?DocumentId=396 for installation instructions

I followed the instructions and installed ISAPI Filters on the application server, restarted IIS, and still receive the same message. 

Is there an install / configuration of the Platform Srever that I am missing?  

I've attached a screen shot.  Thanks in advance!
Hi Ameet,

Welcome to the forums!

To help us troubleshoot can you check a couple of things:

1)  If you do a request to http://<yourserver>/?_OSISAPIStatus do you get a status page?
2) If you add an SEO rule in Service Center (any type of rule Alias, Page etc) does the file at <Platform Server Path>\logs\OsISAPIConf.cache get touched (i.e. modified date updated to now)?

Thanks,


Miguel
 Hi, i'm experiencing the same problem.

1- I'm getting the home page of my domain.
2-Yes

Any idea?
João Inácio wrote:
 Hi, i'm experiencing the same problem.

1- I'm getting the home page of my domain.
2-Yes

Any idea?
 
 Hi João,

Point (2) means the platform is properly configured to notify the filter, but (1) means that the filter is not properly configured to intercept (and translate) the requests.

1 - Did you follow the ISAPI filter installation document closely, not skipping any steps?
2 - Are you sure you installed the proper version of the filter for your machine (x64 vs 32 bits)?
3 - In case you have more than one node you need to install the filter in every node. You don't need to install it in the controller machine at all (unless it is also a node).

Let me know,

Miguel
Miguel Melo wrote:
 
 Hi João,

Point (2) means the platform is properly configured to notify the filter, but (1) means that the filter is not properly configured to intercept (and translate) the requests.

1 - Did you follow the ISAPI filter installation document closely, not skipping any steps?
2 - Are you sure you installed the proper version of the filter for your machine (x64 vs 32 bits)?
3 - In case you have more than one node you need to install the filter in every node. You don't need to install it in the controller machine at all (unless it is also a node).

Let me know,

Miguel
 
I didn't install anything, that i remember.. Where can i find isapi filter instalation documents and setup?

João Inácio
Hi João,

You can find all the information you need here:
http://www.outsystems.com/goto/install-seo

Regards,
HD
Hélio Dolores wrote:
Hi João,

You can find all the information you need here:
http://www.outsystems.com/goto/install-seo

Regards,
HD
 
Is working know. Thanks to you all.

But no log information is being written.

Changed the file OsISAPIConf.cache from "Refresh" to "Verbose" but OsISAPI.log does not exists.
This sounds like file access limitation. I suggest you just create an empty "OsISAPI.log" text file inside de Logs folder, and then give access to the the Network Service user to that folder (and recursivelly to both files inside).

From then on, the platform should be able to write to that file.

Regards,


Miguel
Miguel Melo wrote:
This sounds like file access limitation. I suggest you just create an empty "OsISAPI.log" text file inside de Logs folder, and then give access to the the Network Service user to that folder (and recursivelly to both files inside).

From then on, the platform should be able to write to that file.

Regards,


Miguel
 
 Working as expected!

Thanks one more time.