Server Locations of Various Components

Server Locations of Various Components

I have been evaluating the software and testing it for an application we are trying to prototype.  Up til now, it has all been sitting on my laptop.  Now, one of the features that we will need in the final application is very print-friendly reporting.  Based on the comments here in the community, I downloaded a trial version of Crystal Reports, and built a report pretty easily that linked into the application data on my espace.

But here's the challenge -- at least as I understand it.  If I want the espace to call a Crystal Reports document (found a nifty extension here that will convert the rpt files into pdfs) from within the application, then I need to have a Crysatl Reports Server running (is this right?).  And to run Crystal Reports server, I need a web server, which I don't believe is part of the default configuration that was set up when I installed Outsystems.  I can download a trial version of the Crystal Reports server software, but I don't think it will just run on my laptop.

So, I searched the Web and found some shared hosting solutions for Crystal Reports.  I signed up for one, but I'm not sure how to connect the dots here:
  • Clearly, the Crystal Reports server will need to access my SQL data when generating a report.  Can it do that if the SQL database is on my laptop?
  • If not, do I need to host my SQL database on the remote server with the Crystal Reports server.  If so, how do I publish the data over there and hook it all up with the locally-running version of the Agile Platform.
  • Finally, can I configure the Agile Platform to sit on my laptop, but have it's SQL data across the Web on the remote server? If not, then do I have to somehow install the Agile Platform software on the remote server to make everything work?
I apologize for my lack of knowledge here, but this is actually the first Web application I have ever attempted.  This platform is amazing, and I have been able to create functionality I would have never imagined, but when it get to the technical structure of things, I am at a bit of a loss.

Thanks in advance for any direction that you can provide!