[jQuery selectToAutocomplete] Discussion

[jQuery selectToAutocomplete] Discussion

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2012-01-31 by Pedro Gonçalves
1 vote
Published on 2012-01-31 by Pedro Gonçalves
I am trying to use these new features in an espace and am not having much luck.  I moved the common components\weblocks into one of our common widgets espaces and then am referencing them from another espace.  No matter how I proceed the combo select box does not transform to an Autopopulate.  I'm not sure what I am doing wrong.  We are currently running (5.1.1.29 platform server .NET) testing with IE 8.0.761  I also tried running the country selector example espace and that doesn't seem to work either.  If you have any advise as to how to use this it would be very much appreciated.  Thanks, Pablo 
--Followup--
I was able to successfully get the sample app working using firefox.  I had not added the jquery script libraries as resources and had not told the lib weblock to load the libraries.  Once I did this it started working.  Unfortunately it is not working for IE.  This is strange because the demo on the baymard.com website works fine in IE.  If anyone has any ideas how to get this to work in IE that would be great.  Thanks, Pablo

I download this component to try it out. Then i perform some changes to the example, namely, i add a expression that receives the selected item in the first combo and create an action to refresh that expression when the combo changes (see attachment).

This changes work well in IE but not in Firefox and Chrome, in these two browsers the expression is never refreshed.

anyone as any idea why this appens and how to correct it?

Thanks
Eduardo Luís