Database Housekeeping

Database Housekeeping

Hi all,

After some years of development, the OutSystems database that supports our DEV environment have a lot of unused tables, attributes, system data, and also the process to remove  the unused espaces doesn't shrink the CLOB's data (ORACLE), it's necessary to execute a manual process to shrink the tablespace.

To maintain the database healthy and tuned, I would like to know if there are processes to housekeeping the database.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pedro Matias
Pedro Matias wrote:
Hi all,

After some years of development, the OutSystems database that supports our DEV environment have a lot of unused tables, attributes, system data, and also the process to remove  the unused espaces doesn't shrink the CLOB's data (ORACLE), it's necessary to execute a manual process to shrink the tablespace.

To maintain the database healthy and tuned, I would like to know if there are processes to housekeeping the database.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pedro Matias

Good point!
If there aren't, i suggest to post this as a new idea at the wisdom of the crowds.

I bet it will be a top idea, but similar to this incredible but unpopular one: http://www.outsystems.com/wisdomofthecrowds/IdeaComment_List.aspx?IdeaId=810

Regards.

Daniel Martins
Hi,

Good idea Daniel, I posted my wish on the WotC, please vote on it :)

The related post is a part of my wish, and an nice add on.

Regards,
Pedro Matias
Definitely a must-have!
Thumbs up, Pedro!

Regards.
Daniel Martins