installation problem with agile platform 6.0

installation problem with agile platform 6.0

Hi,
i quite new to this. i some how managed to uninstall outsystem and then tried to reinstall again but i keep getting the following error all the time.

first dialog
"Aborting: the platform server configuration was not completed."

after pessing ok you return to installation dialog which says.
"installation failed."

if i scroll in the dialog i can see that it says

installed components
* service studio
* integration studio
* microsoft SQL server express 2005 SP3

not installed components
*platform server
*system components

If I keep scrolling up I can see the following error
“the platform server configuration was not completed. The configuration tool failed with error code 5
the configuration tool failed with error code 5
installation could not be completed !”

I can’t figure out what the problem is, I’m thank full for every bit of helpful info I can get in order to solve my problem.

Regards
Anjan
Dear Anjandeep,

Welcome to OutSystems Community.

Can you attach "Logs.zip" folder, that should be located at C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Installer? I would also suggest you to submit the feedback about this issue, to OutSystems Technical Support, by pressing "Submit Feedback" button at the time your installer halts.

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves
Ivo Gonçalves wrote:
Dear Anjandeep,

Welcome to OutSystems Community.

Can you attach "Logs.zip" folder, that should be located at C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Installer? I would also suggest you to submit the feedback about this issue, to OutSystems Technical Support, by pressing "Submit Feedback" button at the time your installer halts.

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves

thanks =), i just hope i can start using it too ;).
i have already sumited it thought the installer but untill today i haven't recived any information from them. so came to think of the forum to see if i could find any info here. but i haven't been able to find someone who has the same problem. so i posted one of my own. i also attching the logs.zip as you ask for it.
regards
Anjan
Dear Anjandeep,

Your installer seems to be halting when tries to create "OutSystems" database catalog.

I would like to ask you to try manually install OutSystems Agile Platform. You can follow the instructions on this link:
How to manually install the Agile Platform 6.0 Community Edition  

Start on step 3 on "Installation" section.

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves
Try setting the user you are currently logged in that machine (local or domain user) as 'sysadmin' of the SQL Server Instance and try again ;)
Ivo Gonçalves wrote:
Dear Anjandeep,

Your installer seems to be halting when tries to create "OutSystems" database catalog.

I would like to ask you to try manually install OutSystems Agile Platform. You can follow the instructions on this link:
How to manually install the Agile Platform 6.0 Community Edition  

Start on step 3 on "Installation" section.

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves

Hi Ivo,

i tried to install it mamually accoriding the the instruction in step 3 under installation, and everything works fine until point "13 finish the configuation by clicking the OK button" then  i get the following massage.

when i'm back at the configuration tool 6.0 dialog i can only press cancel in order to leave the dialog. when press cancel it say that the no changes will be saved.

regards
Anjan
Carlos Henriques wrote:
Try setting the user you are currently logged in that machine (local or domain user) as 'sysadmin' of the SQL Server Instance and try again ;)

Hi Carlos,

i tried you solustion but no luck yet =(. still getting the same error as my first post

regards
Anjan
wrote:

Hi Ivo,

i tried to install it mamually accoriding the the instruction in step 3 under installation, and everything works fine until point "13 finish the configuation by clicking the OK button" then  i get the following massage.

when i'm back at the configuration tool 6.0 dialog i can only press cancel in order to leave the dialog. when press cancel it say that the no changes will be saved.

regards
Anjan

Hi Anjandeep,

Which error did you get while finishing Configuration Tool?

Can you look for the error on Event viewer, at the time you try to exit Configuration Tool, and past it here?

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves
Ivo Gonçalves wrote:

Hi Anjandeep,

Can you look for the error on Event viewer, at the time you try to exit Configuration Tool, and past it here?

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves

Hi Ivo,
i did attach a file with my previous post, which show what error dialog i got while i was finishing the configuration tool. i'm reattaching it again in case you missed it. but if you are looking for the windows event viewer the i can arrange it for you later on today

Regards
Anjan
Ivo Gonçalves wrote:

Hi Anjandeep,

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves

Hi Ivo

i tried to run the step3 again and got teh same error again, and when i check out the windows event viewer i found three new line. i have copied all the 3 errors that was created in the event viewer and created three files. file 1 is the first error, 2nd file is the second error and so on. you can find the loggs in the zip file attached with this post

regards
Anjan
Dear Anjandeep,

On this forum post I've found a similar stack error. In that particulary case, installing a newest version of the Agile Platform fixed the problem. I've also found that were fixed some issues on Platform Server component,  related with OutSystems Configuration Tool. You can see it here.

I would like to ask you if you can try again to manually install the Agile Platform with the newest version of it. You can start on step 2 from installation section.

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves
Ivo Gonçalves wrote:
Dear Anjandeep,

On this forum post I've found a similar stack error. In that particulary case, installing a newest version of the Agile Platform fixed the problem. I've also found that were fixed some issues on Platform Server component,  related with OutSystems Configuration Tool. You can see it here.

I would like to ask you if you can try again to manually install the Agile Platform with the newest version of it. You can start on step 2 from installation section.

Kind regards,
Ivo Gonçalves

Hi Ivo,

it' s working =), i have been trying a lot of things before i got it to work. i tried to uninstall outsystem platfrom server, service studio and integrations studio. after that i manually deleted the ousystems folder under "c:\program files\". after completly removing the outsystems product i started to uninstall Microsoft SQL Express 2005, i removed the following thing
*MS SQL server 2005
*MS SQL server native client
*MS SQL Server setup support files
* MS SQL server VSS writer

then i manually deleted the Microsoft SQL Server folder under "c:\program files (x86)" and under "c:\program files\".

the problem was that under "c:\program files (x86)\microsoft sql server\MSSQL.2\Data\" there was already a outsystems database, since it already existed the installer coulden create a new one or over write the old one and that was the reason why the installer coulden't finish the installation. so now i have installed the whole kit with the first version that was creating a problem. now i'm going tp update is to the latest version and start learning =).

thanks for you help and support it meant a lot for me as a beginner =)

Regards
Anjan