Publishing Error

Publishing Error

I am getting the following error message when trying to publish eSpaces for an application (the pubish seems to have gone OK, except no "blue icon"):

Communication error

There was an error contacting 'dev01'.

System.Exception: Publishing Error: Error broadcasting message to Front-end Server dev01 (127.0.0.1)):System.InvalidOperationException: Missing "Cache.ControlPath" setting.

Server stack trace:
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.ServerCommon.Utils.PlatformUtils.ValidateAndGetDirectorySetting(String setting)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#qnd(Int32 eSpaceId)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.MessageTransmission(BroadcastMessage msg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.IBroadcastListener.MessageTransmission(BroadcastMessage msg)
   at #ldd.#ZX.#9id(BroadcastMessage msg, Boolean toScheduler).
   at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.ServiceStudio.Publish(String username, String password, Int32 versionid, WORCHEMessageRecord[]& messages)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---.
Hmm, 

Check if the Frontend server is running and whether eventviewer shows errors on it's startup.

If this is a fresh setup you might have a firewall blocking the port the Frontend server is running on.

You can check using telnet from the publishing client whether there is a service running.
telnet [hostname] [port]
telnet google.com 80

If on Windows 7 telnet is disabled per default; fix that using:
http://www.fettesps.com/windows-7-enable-telnet/
Thanks Eric,

You provided a clue that led me to look at some event viewer Administrator events. Outsystems was giving an error every 15 minutes that indicated it might be a problem with one of the Outsystems services. They were all running, but I restarted them, and now I publish OK.

Terry

Terry Plyler wrote:
Thanks Eric,

You provided a clue that led me to look at some event viewer Administrator events. Outsystems was giving an error every 15 minutes that indicated it might be a problem with one of the Outsystems services. They were all running, but I restarted them, and now I publish OK.

Terry

Good to help out a fellow developer! :)

Enjoy the platform.