Temporarily disable Process "launch on" for import?

Temporarily disable Process "launch on" for import?

I have an eSpace which will replace an old asp application, and makes use of BPM.
I'm now in the process of doing the data migration, which means I will load 15K records into the new application. For each of those records, the "launch on" of my process will tigger and start a new process instance. I have a check to immediately terminate the process, but this will clutter my database with 15K process instances, which I will never need.
Is there a way to temporarily disable the "launch on" trigger, while I import those records? (I have a few hundred other records that will have to enter and use a new process instance)
Is there another way besides clearing the "launch on", 1CD, import the inactive records, fix the "launch on", 1CD, import the active records?
Tim Timperman wrote:
I have an eSpace which will replace an old asp application, and makes use of BPM.
I'm now in the process of doing the data migration, which means I will load 15K records into the new application. For each of those records, the "launch on" of my process will tigger and start a new process instance. I have a check to immediately terminate the process, but this will clutter my database with 15K process instances, which I will never need.
Is there a way to temporarily disable the "launch on" trigger, while I import those records? (I have a few hundred other records that will have to enter and use a new process instance)
Is there another way besides clearing the "launch on", 1CD, import the inactive records, fix the "launch on", 1CD, import the active records?

You can disable the trigger on the table that will initiate the process in the database. That's the simplest way to migrate those data.
Great, thank you.
I already looked for a database trigger, but didn't find it. Now I have. This will work perfectly, as I can integrate it in the migration script.
Thanks again.