Error while trying to run application 

Error while trying to run application 

Hello guys,

I am trying to run an existing application on my development server, but I always get the same error when I try to run it. I have tried to download and run versions that already run without any problem on test and production servers, but I always get the same error. The error I get is:

The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 750 bytes of the response were: '<html><head><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX"/><title>Error</title></head><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">There was an error processing your request. Please try again later...</body></html>
<!--
Adding additional hidden content to make sure IE renders the html
(if the content is less than 512 bytes, it always shows an HTTP 404)

-->'

I am running Service Studio Version 5.1.1.27 with Platform Server Version: 5.1.1.24

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards,

Marios
Hello Marios

You have already reported this problem to OutSystems Support, and I have already sent you two emails about this problem - but it seems that you are not receiving them.

Basically what this error indicates is that, when you start the run/debug process from Service Studio, you are experiencing an internal error:

The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly. The first 750 bytes of the response were: '<html><head><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="NOINDEX"/><title>Error</title></head><body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">There was an error processing your request. Please try again later...</body></html>
<!--
-->'

Since all errors in the Agile Platform are masked to avoid external users getting details from what happened, you are getting the "Friendly" message - however, since this is happening in a web-service, it causes the problem since it expected XML instead of HTML.

Moving forward, you are experiencing an error - so I suggest you go to Service Center, check the Error Log to see what errors you have there at the times when you are getting that error in Service Studio.

Cheers,

Hello again :)

Seems like the problem lies on the TimerHandler.asmx service. The error I get is

Scheduler Service: Error executing request http://127.0.0.1/IFreephones/_TimerHandler.asmx for Timer ImportAndBootstrapInEnterpriseManager. Request duration = 0 secs. [Will retry later]

System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

Under which circumstances does the TimerHandler.asmx send text/html instead of text/xml?
Also when another user (here) had the same problem, he solved it by deleting and redeploying the eSpace. Would you suggest that?

Best Regards,

Marios

Hello again :)

I cloned the eSpace and the clone initially worked. I did some changes on the eSpace, but after I published it a couple of times, the error reappeared. As I mentioned before, error is on the Scheduler Service. Error message is as follows:

Server:
AGLTST01
Module Name:
Scheduler
Scheduler Service: Error executing request http://127.0.0.1/IFreephones/_TimerHandler.asmx for Timer ImportAndBootstrapInEnterpriseManager. Request duration = 0 secs. [Will retry later]
Stack:
System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message:

I am attaching the .oml file. Please advise.

Thank you,

Marios

Good morning to everyone out there!
I finally found the cause of the problem, which is assigning a "Run As" User in the Operations tab of the eSpace.
When I assign any user I get the error.  This happens only on the development server. I haven't encountered the problem on the Test or the Production server.

Thank you,

Marios

Marios Andreas Tofarides wrote:

Good morning to everyone out there!
I finally found the cause of the problem, which is assigning a "Run As" User in the Operations tab of the eSpace.
When I assign any user I get the error.  This happens only on the development server. I haven't encountered the problem on the Test or the Production server.

Thank you,

Marios

Thanks for having posted this!

I ran into the exact same problem yesterday and your post saved me ;)
I have the same error. I need to run with the Run As...
Any ideas?