Gmail

Hi my e-mails are not displaying correctly in gmail because the style sheet is being sent, how do I remove the stylesheet from the email?
Thanks in advance,
Mariana
Hi Mariana,

Can you give us a bit more context?

You have an email designed in Service Studio that is not being correctly displayed in Gmail, right? It does not have styles at all? Are all the styles embedded in the elements? Why do you know why that Stylesheet is changing the layout?

Thanks

When I receive the email it says message clipped.
I've done a view source in the outlook email and my whole web.css is in there. As I have a big web.css, my emails have to be really small in order to gmail or yahoo (even worse in yahoo!) to show the whole email.
What I did was, change the emails to another espace without css and put the style in line. This is VERY time consuming If there was a way to not include the css it would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Mariana

Hi Again Mariana,

It is not possible to not include the CSS from the espace (at least for now), but there might be a simpler solution for your problem. All the CSS is flatten into the email body in order to maintain the looks from service studio. That means that all relative paths or imports are fetched and stored into email content. That might result in a very big CSS content and the email clients may find that like some sort of spam/attack/whatever... and they cut it.

You can check for unecessary imports in your CSS. Be aware that imports may also import another files... 

Hope it helps.. 

Best Regards

HD
Hi Mariana

> "What I did was, change the emails to another espace without css and put the style in line. This is VERY time consuming"

What do you mean by "put the style in line"? On each element?

Having an eSpace specific for emails seems a very smart solution.

Given that:
a) emails usually need much less styles than common pages (headers, menus, footers, sidebars, shared stuff, etc.)
b) Hélio mentioned "All the CSS is flatten into the email body in order to maintain the looks from service studio"

Would it make sense to have your "email eSpace" with only the needed CSS lines needed for email design? Also no css comments (would this help?), etc.. This way I guess you'd design emails in a regular way, have regular previews in Service Studio, and the platform would do the work for you when sending those emails - expand the css inline in each email to guarantee they render well in most important email clients.

You may also try to have a short name for the eSpace and for the email screens. May this help reducing the size? (look at what is repeated in the source HTML that is sent).

Did these ideas help? Which did and which didn't?
Hi avieira and Hélio,
>What do you mean by "put the style in line"? On each element?
On the elements that need it, the thing is some e-mails providers don't like using css that much, for them to look like ServiceStudio in all email provider the best practice is use inline styling. basically on the main container.
The css comments are not passed to the e-mail by OutSystems, just the styles.
The problem with making an espace with just the e-mails, is that emails are not public, they won't show up on other e-spaces, so I need to implement an email flow for them. other than that all is good ;)
Thanks for the feedback!
Mariana
Hi Mariana.

Have you had any news on this case?

Thank you!
I had the same problem in Gmail, it was showing "[Message clipped]  View entire message".

After a quick research I discovered this happens because "Gmail has a 102k limit for the HTML on an email and will clip the message if the HTML is too large. "

As Mariana, my problem was with the CSS and as the email messages don't need the default CSS I did the following:

Created a new theme that is not based in the e-space default theme
Created a new Web Flow and moved all the email screens into it.
Set the newly created theme as the theme of the Web Flow.

Note: A Theme can only be defined in the eSpace or in a Web Flow

Best regards,
Ricardo

The easiest way to do this is have a seperate eSpace for you emails with only a CSS needed for the emails.
We faced the same problem, and this way it is solved !