Need to attached files to email and imbed images

Need to attached files to email and imbed images

I send email from my application and I now have the requirement to allow the user to attached files and imbed images in the message. Can anyone tell me how to do that and/or have any examples? Thanks.
Gerald Seidl wrote:
I send email from my application and I now have the requirement to allow the user to attached files and imbed images in the message. Can anyone tell me how to do that and/or have any examples? Thanks.

Hi.

You can easily attach docs to you e-mail, using the action Attach_File in the preparation of your email screen (image attached).

You can also drag'n'drop in the email screen any image from the e-space.

Best Regards.
wrote:

Hi.

You can easily attach docs to you e-mail, using the action Attach_File in the preparation of your email screen (image attached).

You can also drag'n'drop in the email screen any image from the e-space.

Best Regards.

I need for users to have the ability to put images into the text. How is that done at runtime?

The email screen it's pretty much the same as a regular Outsystems Web Screen.

You can use a HTML expression to generate the HTML or use static images, BD images or define the image URL.

http://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/6.0/Web_User_Interface/Web_Image_Widget_Properties.htm

Could you give us more details?

Regards.
Daniel Martins wrote:

The email screen it's pretty much the same as a regular Outsystems Web Screen.

You can use a HTML expression to generate the HTML or use static images, BD images or define the image URL.

http://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/6.0/Web_User_Interface/Web_Image_Widget_Properties.htm

Could you give us more details?

Regards.

The application I'm writing allows people to create IT notifications which are distributed throughout the company as emails to end-users. The problem is that the editor widget does not support embedded images and there is a need for the user to occasionally include images in their explainations to the user. Their preference is to display the images inline in the message and not as attachments. It's not clear to me how to do this in Outsystems. TIA for any help/ideas.
Gerald Seidl wrote:

Their preference is to display the images inline in the message and not as attachments.

You should have a backoffice/entity that manages that IT notifications, In my opinion you should allow attach images to the notification and then send the images in the Email.

In an TableRecords you can show dynamically images that are stored in the DataBase.

Example OML attached.

Hope it helps you!

Regards.

Daniel Martins