cannot connect to the localhost

cannot connect to the localhost

hi, 

i created a mobile application with the tutorial from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynD_A-MnhbE . I've follow every steps that is shown in the tutorial video. However, when I'm trying to test it using the iOS simulator, it pop out a message says it can't connect to the server. 

Thanks in advance for your help

regards
Lynn
Hi Lynn,

Welcome to the forums!

Quick starter question: can you reach the application fine if you try to access it using a "normal" browser (safari, chrome, ff) on that machine (localhost)?

Cheers,

Miguel
It doesn't work in the web browser.. it shows this

regards
Lynn
Hi,

From the screenshot, it seems you're running the server on a VM. Therefore, when running a browser in that VM, "localhost" will be reaching your Agile Platform correctly (disregard that IE isn't displaying it properly for now).

The thing is, the iOS simulator runs NATIVELY on your mac. I've never really used a mac, but I bet "localhost" from the viewpoint of the iOS simulator will point to the mac machine, and not the xp VM where you have the server. This will be the reason you can't see your app on that simulator.

You need to find out what the VM's IP or machine name is from the viewpoint of the host macOS and use that on the sim instead of localhost.

Cheers,

Miguel