Webservice URL update "trick"

Webservice URL update "trick"

Hello all,
in my application i have a reference to a webservice that i need to change sometimes. To achieve that i use the SetWebReferenceURL action and it successfuly changes it and it works fine. 
The problem is that when i navigate to another page the referenceURL seems to change back to the default one i used to initialy add the webservice to the platform, to go around this i just created an action that keeps updating it to the new value, and i add that action to the preparation of each new page. 

Altough it works it doesnt seem to be the most efficient thing ever. Is there something im missing?

Thank you in advance!
Hi Rui

The semantics of SetWebReferenceURL (from Extension EnhancedWebReferences) are "for the next call to the web-reference, use this URL". Actually, that behavior is similar to the ones of all the actions in EnhancedWebReferences.

So even if you "sometimes change" the URL, your best option is to have wrappers to calling the web-reference actions that always set the URL according to the one you want.

Cheers,
Acácio Porta Nova wrote:
Hi Rui

The semantics of SetWebReferenceURL (from Extension EnhancedWebReferences) are "for the next call to the web-reference, use this URL". Actually, that behavior is similar to the ones of all the actions in EnhancedWebReferences.

So even if you "sometimes change" the URL, your best option is to have wrappers to calling the web-reference actions that always set the URL according to the one you want.

Cheers,

Meaning, im doing the correct thing? Or did i miss something?

Thx a lot for the reply!