Exception handling with theme

Exception handling with theme

I have an eSpace that produces various themes for consumer eSpaces to consume. These themes also have an Exception Handling Flow defined, which does some basic, uniform error handling. The question is what to do when I want to raise, in an eSpace consuming such a theme, an exception that should be handled by the exception handling flow of the theme. I cannot raise a system exception, but there's no way to share user exceptions (there's no "public" member for exceptions). So it seems an exception handling flow is only useful for generic system exceptions, but not for user exceptions. Can anyone confirm this? Or is there another way to achieve what I want?
Hello Kilian,

I know that this post is quite old now, and that you've most probably solved the problem in some way, but just a reference (also to be used by the community) I think that one approach that could be used is to have the message of the user exception carrying an id of a static entity that typifies the error that accorded.

In this way, it would be possible to distinguish between the types of errors that can occur in a producer eSpace.

Cheers!
We didn't solve it as such, but worked around the problem. Thanks for the addition, that could be another type of workaround, although one needs to have a consistent set of user exceptions in this case.