Forge Component
(22)
Published on 2012-03-30 by Renato Pauleta
22 votes
Published on 2012-03-30 by Renato Pauleta
Hi! Here's some screenshots for you:

1 - You can see the left and top menus

2- Here's an image of the hint web block also available within the e-Space

3- In this last image you can see the table records with it's "table record actions" and custom sort icons.
Awesome! 

How are the top and the left menu related? What is the first and the second level entries?

The table records sorting and the buttons look amazing!
André Ramos wrote:
Awesome! 

How are the top and the left menu related? What is the first and the second level entries?

The table records sorting and the buttons look amazing!

Hi André, thank you for your comments.

The top and left menu relation depends on what you want to achieve. In our case, the top menu was the main menu and the left menu was a contextual menu (it depended on what main menu option you have selected). This was kind of a natural flow in our application, but we've already received some comments on using the left menu as the main. It's a valid option, I guess. In this theme you get the css for the menus and use them as you want.

As for the first and second level entries, they are basically menu and sub-menu options for the left menu. Again, you just have to get the css and use it how you want it. We've already seen this second level entries being expanded when the user hovers the first entry and it looked pretty cool. 

Hi Marco,

Very nice and elegant design! Sure glad you spent time so that we can ste... er... borrow this. :)

Cheers,
Hermínio Mira

Looks great!

Good job Marco!

Only thing is, what about black instead of green? :) 
Robert wrote:

Only thing is, what about black instead of green? :) 

You can customize the colors from the header, just by changing the css a little. Black is more of a neutral color, I agree, but in the other hand that would probably keep you from wanting to change it. :) You should customize the colors of the theme to match your costumer's image or your own preferences. Here's an option for a "black" theme:

.header {
  1. background-color#222;
  2. background-image-moz-linear-gradient(center bottom,#000 0%,#666 100%);
  3. background-image-webkit-gradient(linear,left bottom,left top,color-stop(1,#666),color-stop(0,black));
}

Marco Costa

By the way Would it be possible for you to make the secondwave theme changeable between the richwidget themes?
This way theme could be switched over from the standard richwidget theme to this custom secondwave theme and vice visa? 
Robert wrote:

Hi Robert, not sure what you mean. You can reference both RichWidgets and SecondWave from your eSpace, then you can decide which one to use in your screens. The Second Wave is not fully complete yet, and that will take a while, so we decided to release it as it is so that people could start using and contribute to it. You can as well just copy what you wish from SecondWave to your own eSpaces and you won't even have to reference it. I don't know if this answer yours question, if no, please let me know.