Ajax refresh control from left to right

Ajax refresh control from left to right

I like to use the ajax refresh to refresh a screen and display the next page of a book.
In background I am display a picture of an open book.
The control I have now, to refresh the screen is only for highlighting, top-bottum or fade.
Is there a control to refresh the screen from left to right and the other way around, from right to left?
With a control like that, it looks that someone turn to the next page, or a page back.
Hi Rob,

I'm afraid that horizontal-slide animations aren't really that common so they weren't included in our Ajax Refresh Widget capabilities. This means that if you were to build such an animation you'd have to resort to writing some JavaScript code for the animation and call it. Here's how you could accomplish that:
  1. Set your book widget to a style with overflow: hidden and put all the pages inside
  2. After adding content to your book, run your custom javascript animation that will scroll the content. The pages will slide horizontally but you'll never see the scrollbars (since they're hidden)
Since this may be kind of tricky to get, I've done a small example using HTML, CSS and JavaScript (with jQuery). You can easily port it to ServiceStudio.

Cheers,
Miguel
Is there a way I can get the same functionality for a list record, where I want to give the horizontal slide visual for the user while displaying only 1 record at a time.. I am not sure how to go about doing it with jquery 

Any help will be much appreciated.. Thanks in Advance..
Hi Sue,

Sorry for the late reply.
For what you're trying to achieve I'd go with setting a small frame where only a single item fits and placing the list items behind that frame. That way only a single item will show at a time and the user will be able to scroll them to see the other items.

I did a small example with a structure that mimicks a Container with a ListRecords with its items. I styled it such that each item takes 250x50 px. You can do the same kind of structure easily with OutSystems, including the links for scrolling (you can set the target to ExternalURL and write the javascript: URL as the parameter).

Check the example here and let us know if you have any trouble with it.

Cheers,
Miguel