Richmail text attachments get corrupted

Richmail text attachments get corrupted

Hi, 

We are trying to use the email capabilities of the Cases application, in particular to receive text files by email (as attachments), but the files are getting corrupted. 

The odd thing is that BINARY files are received correctly, but TEXT files get modified, with a "=" character and a CR/LF every +- 75 characters. 

I´m attaching examples of the file we sent, and what we receive.

We are using Platform Server 6.0.0.6. 

Any hints of what may be the problem ???
Hi Ricardo,

This is quite odd as all attachments are encoded in base64, so an attachment being text or binary should be completely transparent to the compressor.

May I suggest that you send your OML (or at least the snippet that contains the email) as well as the text file that is giving you problem to the OutSystems support for review, please? You can use SS "Submit Feedback" for that.

Cheers,

Miguel
Hi Miguel,

Quite odd, indeed. The problem occurs with the default “Cases” app !

I will try it in a different server and see what happens, and then I´ll let you know ...

Thanks,

Ricardo.
Hi Miguel,

I have downloaded and published the Cases application in another server, and got the same behavior.

It seems the problem is in the RichMail Extension, since I have debugged the application and the attachments returned by the "Pop3GetMails" action are already corrupted. We are using RichMail version 6.0.0 .

Could you please try it in your environment ? You just need to configure an email account in the Cases application, send that file I have attached (or any other text file with lines greater than 80 characters) to it, and look at the file received by the Cases application.

PS: I was able to workaround this problem, removing all sequences  "=" + chr(10) + chr(13) from the received file, but it is very ugly and risky.

Thanks,
Ricardo.
Hi Ricardo,

I have submitted the issue to our support team. Can you just verify if that happens with any text file you use and, if not, attach the text file that causes that to this thread?

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for reporting this!

Cheers,

Miguel
Hi Ricardo

From the symptoms you are describing, it seems that text files are being attached with quoted-printable encoding instead of base64, and that the parsing of those attachments is not working particularly well.
I could not test this in my environment because all the email servers to which I have access convert quoted-printable attachments to base64, and thus then Pop3Mail is called the attachment is already in base64.

I will send an email shortly on behalf of OutSystems support so that you can provide us an example of an email that gets scrambled, so that I can confirm the problem.

Cheers,