Not Exist Data

hi,
i created software-comouter tab. in that i have two attributes. one is computer name and second is software name. i selected computer name from the computer field and selected software from the software field and saved the data. the data saved  in the database. it means one software installed in one pertuclar computer right. if i sellected  same computer name from the dropdown  , from the software field the software what we installed  earlier should not visible form the software field(dropdown). for that i attach the browser screen. in that i shown thw fields.1) computer name2)software name. in the screen i already saved "oracle" in OPTPC153. when i try to add the software in OPTPC153 in software field "oracle" should not visible. i write the below sql query for that.

SELECT {Software}.* from {Software} WHERE {Software}.[Id]
NOT IN
(SELECT {SoftwareComputer}.[SoftwareId] from {SoftwareComputer}
WHERE {SoftwareComputer}.[ComputerId]
=(SELECT {Computer}.[Id] from {Computer} WHERE {Computer}.[Name]=@computerName))

i added the my preparation screen in screen2. what is my next step. qury executed successfully. but the data not filtered.

i gave the inputparameter to "GetSoftwareComputerById.List.Current.SoftwareComputer.SoftwareId"

plz tell me the next step. let me know if you have any doubts.
Hi Sattibabu,

My best guess is that after selecting the first combo-box (Computer) you are not refreshing the query and/or the Software combo-box.

In the OnChange action of the Computer combo-box you need to at least do a RefreshQuery for the query that fills the Software combo, and then do an Ajax Refresh on the Software combo or a container around it.

Regards,
João Rosado
hi Joao Rosado,
u guess is right. where i should i do the refresh query. i creted the sql query in preparation. in preparation there is no refresh query option. i attach the sceeen to you. please tell me where and how to create the refresh query and ajax refresh.

regards,
sattibabu vatti.
Hi Sattibabu,

The 2 tools I mentioned appear on Screen Actions (not on the Preparations).
Go to your Computer combo-box look for "On Change" and selectd in the drop down the "(New screen action)" option.

There you can do what I said, first place a Refresh Query with the "SoftwareFilter" as target.
Then put a "Ajax Refresh" with target your Software combo (remember that you need to have a "Name" set on it to appear as an option of the refresh)

Regards,
João Rosado
João Rosado wrote:
Hi Sattibabu,

The 2 tools I mentioned appear on Screen Actions (not on the Preparations).
Go to your Computer combo-box look for "On Change" and selectd in the drop down the "(New screen action)" option.

There you can do what I said, first place a Refresh Query with the "SoftwareFilter" as target.
Then put a "Ajax Refresh" with target your Software combo (remember that you need to have a "Name" set on it to appear as an option of the refresh)

Regards,
João Rosado

hi joao ,

i done everything what you said. but still there is is a problum. i attach the .mol file to you. please check it. let me know where i did the mistake.

thanks & regards,
sattibabu vatti.