auto generate number.

auto generate number.

  
hi,
 

can anybody tell me how to generate number in textbox using button click.


Regards,
sattibabu vatti.
Use the GeneratePassword function 
Hi

Actually I have to generate auto Product Id like

Product + 0000 + autonumber
eg: Product00001, Product00002 etc.
could anybody help me in getting the same value
OK.

So then you start with a simple query on the product, order by product nr descending
Take the first record  (list.current.product.id) and add 1 to it and that will be your new number

:-)
Joop Stringer wrote:
OK.

So then you start with a simple query on the product, order by product nr descending
Take the first record  (list.current.product.id) and add 1 to it and that will be your new number

:-)
 
 Hi ,
Actually my requirement is when i click on create new product link then it open new screen .
At new screen Product + 0000 +1 should come.
Could you please give me example where to write the logic and how to do it.
Thanks
Poonam
Did you follow the online training ???
It should/could be done in the preparation of the new product screen
Joop Stringer wrote:
Did you follow the online training ???
It should/could be done in the preparation of the new product screen
 
 I followed the same step that i written a query  but  at run time in new screen  i want to bind/show  new product id on label .
I am unable to do 
Could u Please give me example
Poonam Chauhan wrote:
 
 I followed the same step that i written a query  but  at run time in new screen  i want to bind/show  new product id on label .
I am unable to do 
Could u Please give me example
 
Poonam, Sattibabu,

I'm not going to answer this basic question ...

Please try to view the online training (http://www.outsystems.com/training/Course.aspx?CourseId=0&TrackId=56
Or go through the step-by-step tutorial in ServiceStudio !!