V7 service restriction message

V7 service restriction message

i upgraded to version 7.005 but i get this weird message anytime i send an email.this errors happan any time i upgrade from one version to the other.please any help or tips with regards to this error will be appreciated.thanks

Error sending email 1: connection failed554 Service restricted
Stack:
at #qMd.#pMd.#oMd(String smtpserver, Int32 smtpserverport, #fJd authType, String username, String password, String mail, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc)
at #bMd.#cNd.#yYb()
at #bMd.#cNd.#Aod()
at #bMd.#qOd.#Aod(#tod job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=7.0.0.5)
RequestUrl: (Method: )
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
Locale: 
DateFormat: yyyy-M-d
PID: 1100 ('Scheduler', Started='5/21/2012 11:36:49 AM', Priv=75Mb, Virt=595Mb)
TID: 14
Thread Name: Email Processor #1
.NET: 2.0.50727.5420
hi Tmlewin,

As far as I know there were no changes on the emails for the 7.0 version.

That 554 error looks like comming from your smtp server. Check your mail configurations.

From googling the error code: "554 – Transaction failed. Nowadays SMTP status 554 is in most cases returned when the recipient server believes your email is spam or your IP address or ISP server has been blacklisted on one or more Internet blacklists."

Regards,
João Rosado

João Rosado wrote
:

hi Tmlewin,

As far as I know there were no changes on the emails for the 7.0 version.

That 554 error looks like comming from your smtp server. Check your mail configurations.

From googling the error code: "554 – Transaction failed. Nowadays SMTP status 554 is in most cases returned when the recipient server believes your email is spam or your IP address or ISP server has been blacklisted on one or more Internet blacklists."

Regards,
João Rosado

hi joao,Thanks for the reply .i am currently sending test emails to my own personal email address and there is no reason why my ip address or  isp server would be blacklisted.Similar issue happened when i was using version 6.0.i have configured my mail server properly.It was simply solved by using a faster internet connection(3g broadband was used).which is really weired because i noticed when i am using slower connection like edge or gprs ,it always popsup some errors at service center.here is the new set of error messages

rror sending email 15: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found    at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
   at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at #qMd.#pMd.#1Md.#pMd()
Stack:
at #qMd.#pMd.#oMd(String smtpserver, Int32 smtpserverport, #fJd authType, String username, String password, String mail, String from, String to, String cc, String bcc)
at #bMd.#cNd.#yYb()
at #bMd.#cNd.#Aod()
at #bMd.#qOd.#Aod(#tod job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=7.0.0.5)
RequestUrl: (Method: )
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
Hi Tmlewin,

That one is because your server is failing to resolve the DNS of the smtp server you have configured.
Verify that the smtp server you have configured in "Service Center -> Administration -> Email" is correct and can be resolved with your connection.

Regards,
João Rosado

João Rosado wrote
:
Hi Tmlewin,

That one is because your server is failing to resolve the DNS of the smtp server you have configured.
Verify that the smtp server you have configured in "Service Center -> Administration -> Email" is correct and can be resolved with your connection.

Regards,
João Rosado

HI JOAO, here is a full screenshot ,everything in service center was fully and properly configured.please check the attachment for further info.

Hi Tmlewin

Not sure if you're using a local installation or a dedicated or remote server with the Agile Platform, so if you're using a remote or dedicated server, login through remote desktop for the next troubleshooting guidelines, or if you're using a local installation on your desktop/laptop just do it on your desktop/latop.

Open a command prompt on the server, and execute the follwing command:

tracert smtp.gmail.com

share with us here the output. Then, also execute the following command:

telnet smtp.gmail.com 587

If the command prompt clears of all text it means that TCP connection can be establisehd from your server, if it generates an erro, share with us the output. you'll need to install the telnet client if you're using Windows 7 or 2008. Here's how (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771275(v=ws.10).aspx).

Let us know your findings.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
Miguel Simões João wrote:
Hi Tmlewin

Not sure if you're using a local installation or a dedicated or remote server with the Agile Platform, so if you're using a remote or dedicated server, login through remote desktop for the next troubleshooting guidelines, or if you're using a local installation on your desktop/laptop just do it on your desktop/latop.

Open a command prompt on the server, and execute the follwing command:

tracert smtp.gmail.com

share with us here the output. Then, also execute the following command:

telnet smtp.gmail.com 587

If the command prompt clears of all text it means that TCP connection can be establisehd from your server, if it generates an erro, share with us the output. you'll need to install the telnet client if you're using Windows 7 or 2008. Here's how (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc771275(v=ws.10).aspx).

Let us know your findings.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João

Please check the attachment for further info.The traceart worked smoothly but the telnet returned service restricted,its all in the attachment.I had already setup the telnet client/server from the very day i setup my laptop.it looks as if something is blocking me from accessing google service..thanks.
Hello Tmlewin

The output of the telnet command confirms the SMTP 554 Service Restricted error. The 554 error is used to validate if the user can relay emails based on several criterias, like your email address, the recipient email, your IP address, and so on. The fact that the SMTP handshake is not even begin on the telnet test suggests that GMAIL is rejecting your connection based on your IP address, or your ISP IP address.

On of the common use cases of the 554 error is that the user's IP or the user's ISP is blacklisted in the global spam lists.

There's another test that you can attempt to execute, which is to install and configure an email client (like thunderbird) on  your server installation, and configure the same setting: SMTP = smtp.gmail.com, PORT 587, protocol TLS/STARTTLS. Then check if you can send emails from that email client.

Also, the fact that when you change the network connection to 3G or something, you are also changing your IP address, and possible your ISP IP addresses, and that may overcome the blacklisted issue.

Ultimately, if you can't use another IP address or ISP, you should contact your ISP and request information on why you can't send emailis through GMAIL SMTP due to blacklisted IP addresses. 

You can also attempt to change to another SMTP server that doesn't validate blacklisted IPs, but nowadays, all major internet free email providers use it.

Hope this helps you in working out this problem.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
Miguel Simões João wrote:
Hello Tmlewin

The output of the telnet command confirms the SMTP 554 Service Restricted error. The 554 error is used to validate if the user can relay emails based on several criterias, like your email address, the recipient email, your IP address, and so on. The fact that the SMTP handshake is not even begin on the telnet test suggests that GMAIL is rejecting your connection based on your IP address, or your ISP IP address.

On of the common use cases of the 554 error is that the user's IP or the user's ISP is blacklisted in the global spam lists.

There's another test that you can attempt to execute, which is to install and configure an email client (like thunderbird) on  your server installation, and configure the same setting: SMTP = smtp.gmail.com, PORT 587, protocol TLS/STARTTLS. Then check if you can send emails from that email client.

Also, the fact that when you change the network connection to 3G or something, you are also changing your IP address, and possible your ISP IP addresses, and that may overcome the blacklisted issue.

Ultimately, if you can't use another IP address or ISP, you should contact your ISP and request information on why you can't send emailis through GMAIL SMTP due to blacklisted IP addresses. 

You can also attempt to change to another SMTP server that doesn't validate blacklisted IPs, but nowadays, all major internet free email providers use it.

Hope this helps you in working out this problem.

Cheers

Miguel Simões João
 Hi joao,
Thanks for your help.Problem solved.but i would like to clear a few things.
1) There is no reaon on earth why my ip would  be blacklisted.Its my personal email and i use my company(seperate corporate email) email strictly for work.
2) secondly the usb modem which i use doesnt change my IP address when i migrate my network settings from edge to 3G .It only scales the speed.
The thing is that i noticed that there is a huge delay in sending bulk messages to my test email address,because i set up an action that is activated by a timer which sends emails in batches.This problem happened when i set my internet speed to edge on purpose to see how efficiently i can send mail even under limited network situations but it couldnt work.But i turned on my 3g and restarted my pc triggered the timer to send the mails and everything was delivered smoothly.Please check the attachment to see the result.Thanks once again for your help.