after client validation

after client validation

How to do some javascript after the edit record client validation?
If I need to run code after the client validation, I usually use the "WidgetClick" button and associate the javascript that needs to be ran with the button / link.
No i need to do it without posting to server
You can set the action of the button to "ajax" so that it doesn't post back to the server.  The widget click will trigger the onclick event of the button or link.
Hi,

Actually Filipe is right, even if the button is Ajax there is a small request to the server and the "Widget Click" command is sent to the browser.

As for the initial problem, what exactly you what to do in the page?
You probably could wrap the validator method ..but since that is not an API it could break in the future if we decide to change the rendering of the validators.

Regards
João Rosado
zipzap wrote:
How to do some javascript after the edit record client validation?

I've found you are able to execute client-side javascript against buttons/links etc where the On Click Method set to "Ajax"

Create an  "onclick" Extended Property and in the value place your javascript eg

"var ec = extendit.vw.dealerportal.example_class; if (!ec.validateForm()) {return false;};"

Here I am just calling a function that I have included in my project.  If you dont return "false", it will submit the form.

ta
paul