No error message being displayed by Edit Record

No error message being displayed by Edit Record

Hello Everybody,
My edit record refuses to stop a process and display an error message.  The test is if a user does not select something from a dropdown box....the edit record should stop processing and display "Please enter value."  But when I test it, it ignores my validation and continues processing.  I use the widget.Valid property and the widget.ValidationMessage property just like they do in the training.  The page blows right though the validation in the edit widget like it is not even there.
Please send help!!! :(
Frank

I have tried switching the connectors on the "IF" widget to make sure my logic was catching the error.  The logic is catching the error, but the edit widget is not displaying the red outline and my error message.
Frank wrote:
I have tried switching the connectors on the "IF" widget to make sure my logic was catching the error.  The logic is catching the error, but the edit widget is not displaying the red outline and my error message.

Hello Frank,

make sure you have the Validation property on the button/link that triggers the action set to Client & Server. Also make sure to have next to the validation an ajax refresh, refresshing the Edit Record and after that, use the action Input_FocusFirstInvalid.

Let us know if you need more help on this matter.

regards,
Miguel
Thanks Miguel!!!  That is exactly the info I needed.  I will be using Edit Record widget for all of my input validations from now on.
Frank