Turn Web block into Excel export

Turn Web block into Excel export

  
I have a web block containing a table records widget which represents the detail records for something. How can I turn this into an excel export?
Hi Gerry,

Have a look at this thread

http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?TopicId=2749&Topic=Sample%3A-Producing-fully-styled-Excel-reports

it may have what you need.

Cheers,


Miguel
Miguel Melo wrote:
Hi Gerry,

Have a look at this thread

http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?TopicId=2749&Topic=Sample%3A-Producing-fully-styled-Excel-reports

it may have what you need.

Cheers,


Miguel
 
 Thanks. However, the application does not run in v6.0. It's looking for "http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/web.css" which I'm getting a 404 error on. What should that be in v6?
Gerry wrote:
 
 Thanks. However, the application does not run in v6.0. It's looking for "http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/web.css" which I'm getting a 404 error on. What should that be in v6?
 
 Does anyone have any insight on this? I would really like to get this to work without errors. TIA!
Got the same error. On the 5.1 server it works, on the 6.0 it doesn't.
A turn around would be to load the css like a resource...
Gerry wrote:
 
 Does anyone have any insight on this? I would really like to get this to work without errors. TIA!
 
 Hi Gerry,

On 6.0 version you get the 404 http error because the eSpace CSS is no longer defined on the web.css. In the new version you have the Theme concept, which you can check by opening your eSpace. On the Interface tab you have a folder named Themes. Inside that folder you have all the available style sheets that you can use on your application.

When you upgrade an eSpace from 5.1 to 6.0 the CSS is renamed. If you want to access to eSpace style sheet you have to use the following pattern:
http://<Server>/<eSpaceName>/Theme.<eSpaceName>Theme.css

Following your example it should be like this:
http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/Theme.NiceExcelReportExcelTheme.css

Hope this helps
Ivo Gonçalves
Ivo Gonçalves wrote:
 
 Hi Gerry,

On 6.0 version you get the 404 http error because the eSpace CSS is no longer defined on the web.css. In the new version you have the Theme concept, which you can check by opening your eSpace. On the Interface tab you have a folder named Themes. Inside that folder you have all the available style sheets that you can use on your application.

When you upgrade an eSpace from 5.1 to 6.0 the CSS is renamed. If you want to access to eSpace style sheet you have to use the following pattern:
http://<Server>/<eSpaceName>/Theme.<eSpaceName>Theme.css

Following your example it should be like this:
http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/Theme.NiceExcelReportExcelTheme.css

Hope this helps
Ivo Gonçalves
 
 Thank you very much for responding. I tried to change the stylesheet as you have suggested and still get a 404 error on that exact line. At first I thought there was a misspelling, so I tried the following with no luck:
http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/Theme.NiceExcelReportExcelTheme.css
http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/Theme.NiceExcelReportTheme.css
http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/Themes.NiceExcelReportTheme.css

Could you please check that file reference?
Thanks,
Gerry
Gerry, try this:
GetBookmarkableURL()+"Theme.AppName.css"

in your case
http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/Theme.NiceExcelReport.css
Nuno Reis wrote:
Gerry, try this:
GetBookmarkableURL()+"Theme.AppName.css"

in your case
http://localhost/NiceExcelReport/Theme.NiceExcelReport.css
 
 What happens is that I get an error in Excel:


Then the spreadsheet appears with the data, but no colors.