29
Views
8
Comments
Solved
Dropdown search not filtering results
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi,

i am facing an issue with Dropdown search of OutsystemsUI component. The dataset that i provide to the list is in Greek, and it seems that search is not working at all regarding Greek characters.

I tried using SetVirtualSelectConfigs as well, enabling searchNormalize but didn't made any difference.

Is there any other option that i may be missing?

Thank you!!

Solution

After quite some searching, i found out that the option searchNormalize (set to true) seems to break entire search results in Greek.

If i set searchNormalize to false i get desired results, however accented vowels are not searched correctly.

I reported it as an issue to Virtual Select github

Champion

Hi @nikolasr200 

Can you please share oml.

Best 

Arun

Hi Arun, did you have time to take a look into the oml ?

Here is a sample.

Thank you.

SharedTest.oml

Hi ,

It is working when you try to search in greek. I just copy the greek value and put it in search then it was working.  

Thanks.


i do the exact same thing, and it is not working !! 

For testing purpose you can convert those values in English and try to search. Hopefully it will work. Then you will get to know about the results.

As mentioned in the first post, i have problem with searching function, in Greek. In English it works as expected,

Solution

After quite some searching, i found out that the option searchNormalize (set to true) seems to break entire search results in Greek.

If i set searchNormalize to false i get desired results, however accented vowels are not searched correctly.

I reported it as an issue to Virtual Select github

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.