Re : Intranet System - want to use my own user database 

Re : Intranet System - want to use my own user database 

Hi, 

I really new in Outsystems, i want to create an intranet application include leave and claim  application. i just found the vacations and expences application in Outsystem service studio 7. So how can i use the application using my very own database. And if i want to change the current system with this one how can i do it? how can i migrate with Outsystems? i really interested in Outsystems. 

Thanks in advance,
Sitee Harlinna 
anyone please help me :( ...
Hi Sitee,

Your questions are a bit to generic and the amount of context that you have given isn't enough to give you concrete information.
Since Outsystems is a development environment you can user Service Studio to change the Vacations and Expenses applications.

The platform -per default- uses it's own catalog containing it's own tables.
If you want to use a different catalog, you need to expose the tables you want to use through Integration Studio.

If you search the forums there are threads about connecting to other databases.
Mind you that the community edition has got limits in the connecting to another database catalog / using database connections.

Cheers,

Eric
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. i dont know how to change the existing user table in vacation with my user table. its been a week i search but untill now i can't find how to changed the table. I gone through the tutorial but also can solve my problem. is there any step or something that i can refer to?

Thanks,
Annes SHA wrote:
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply. i dont know how to change the existing user table in vacation with my user table. its been a week i search but untill now i can't find how to changed the table. I gone through the tutorial but also can solve my problem. is there any step or something that i can refer to?

Thanks,

Hi Sitee,

If you're just starting to use Outsystems, changing the User table will be probably a bit out of reach.
I won't explain exactly how to do it since you should know how to do this as soon as you've gone trough the boot camp
and really got to know the Outsystems table structure . (This is the first dev training at Outsystems)

In general there are two approaches:
  1. Maintain the current Usertable and sync your own users to it
    Advantage: You can maintain the current structure of the Vacations application
    Disadvantage: You need to create a sync app. from scratch (If you want to sync with Active Directory this might be quite a job)

2. Create your own User table and hook the Vacations app into it
    Advantage: No limitations to the number of Users that can use the system since Outsystems doesn't count 'anonymous' users as a named user
    Disadvantage: You need to create your own User, Login and Role structure (More work) and need to modify the Vactions app to use it
Regards,

Eric