[Alert Rocket] [AlertRocket] Discussion

[Alert Rocket] [AlertRocket] Discussion

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 2012-07-10 by André Vieira
1 vote
Published on 2012-07-10 by André Vieira
Just watched the demo of AlertRocket, but it do means that users first must download the AlertRocket app before you are able to send web-push notifications?

I must say this is very handy since this is one big feature why customers still want native app's.

Kind regards,
Evert
Evert van der zalm wrote:
Just watched the demo of AlertRocket, but it do means that users first must download the AlertRocket app before you are able to send web-push notifications?

I must say this is very handy since this is one big feature why customers still want native app's.

Kind regards,
Evert

Hi Evert,

Yes you do have to download the AlertRocket app wich is the bridge between the web application and the native notifications on the phone. The subscription takes that into account and redirects you to the corresponding store for you to download the app. It is an easy process.

I used this is a proof of concept and it worked like a charm. The notification has a URL associated with it which redirects back to the application.
Another issue to take into consideration is the licensing, this is not a free service.

Cheers,
André
Hi first of all congratulations. I test this component and it's very well documented and is a good job. In my test I found a problem if try to send a message in Portuguese of Brazil with especial caracters I receive an error of invalid json format, to simulate you can use "Olá essa mensagem irá gerar um problema!", try this, the translation of message in english is "Hello this message will generate a problem!".