Selecting value from my Special List in the combo box  

Selecting value from my Special List in the combo box  

Hello Everybody,
Here is a weird bug. I pick a value from listed values in a combo box, then press my "Enter" button and it goes to a screen action. It returns back to the page after doing some processing. My selected value still shows. No problem. If I pick a value that is on the Special List.....such as "ALL" and I return back to the page, the combo box will default to another special list value "Select One:". I want the combo box to maintain state and still have "ALL" selected when it returns back to the page.
Any suggestions?

1) I am not touching the combo box variable in the action.
2) I have two Special List values: (Value 1 - 0, Option 1 - Select One:) and (Value 2 - 1, Option 2 - ALL)
3) I am using the Ajax method and Client & Server validation for the button.
If I pick a value from my list in the combo box that is not from this Special List, it goes to an action and the page returns with the value still being selected. If I pick "ALL", which is a Special List option, it goes to the action and the page returns and the combo box will display "Select One:". I want the combo box to display "ALL", the value I selected.

Frank
Hi,

Can you give a sample espace where it happens?

Are you setting/resetting the special-list variable?
Hello Joost,
Can you send me your email by emailing me at frank.casali@lenderlive.com and I will email you my eSpace.  I cannot post any attachments to the forum threads, because the forum has some attachment problems.
To answer your second question, no, I am not setting/resetting the special-list variable .
Thanks,
Frank

I am having the same problem, is there any solution for this problem?
Hi XiaoHui,

First, given that the original thread is almost four years old, it's generally better to start a new post. Unanswered new posts will attract more attention than old ones with already a number of answers. Also, it's generally not seen as a good custom to "necro" old posts.

That said, are you sure you are having the same problem? Do you indeed use Ajax submit instead of normal Submit? Are you sure you are not resetting the Variable and/or Special variable somewhere? See also my post here that explains the Variable and Special variable behaviour in a combo box.