Doubts about mobile app

Doubts about mobile app

Good morning! I'm having some issues on a mobile app that we are developing and i wonder if someone could help me. When i use our mobile app on an iPhone i see the transition effects between pages but on android it doesn't appear to work correctly. Is that normal? The other issue is about the "MobileAddToIPhoneHomeBubble" widget (from RichWidgets)... as the name says "...iPhone..."... how can i make this or other widget works with the same purpose on android?!

Thanks. Best regards,
Diogo Pacheco
Hi Diogo,

Yes, in android the transitions are disabled because the android browser had issues when using them together with dropdowns (they would always appear disabled). A side effect is that this makes pages faster, wich is usually what android users mostly are looking for :). Regarding the MobileAddToIPhoneHomeBubble widget (what a mouthful) it was based on the mobile-bookmark-bubble google project, and at the time it did not have support for android, given that it was a little more awkward to accomplish it. In any case you can see a thread about that here and eventually create your own widget that supports android.

Chers,
Tiago Simões
Thanks! I'll take a look at the thread so that i can try to solve my problem! ;)

Best regards,
Diogo Pacheco
Is it possible to detect if the connected device is Android or other? Well... i've made a test with a new webblock with javascript on it and it work's as "guide" perfectly. However i would like to only show the "how to add" when it was an Android and when it is not already added. Is that possible?
"... and when it is not already added..." -> i think this is already solved with the function "google.bookmarkbubble.Bubble.prototype.showifallowed"... so i think the problem is solved. thanks a lot! ;)

Diogo Pacheco wrote:
"... and when it is not already added..." -> i think this is already solved with the function "google.bookmarkbubble.Bubble.prototype.showifallowed"... so i think the problem is solved. thanks a lot! ;)

No... not true! the only thing it does is create an icon so that i can enter in the url directly. but when i enter it shows again the message for how to create the app link again... :/
I've seen this site https://github.com/okamototk/jqm-mobile-bookmark-bubble and there's a .js file named "bookmark_bubble_msg_ja" with the following description "Android 4.0 smartphone and tablet both support." How can i use this code on the existing RichWidgets widget "MobileAddToIPhoneHomeBubble". Just replace the javascript code by the new one? Or would it be better to use other widget and forget this one, like creating a webblock with this code on the javascript and replace the old one for this?
Hi Diogo,

The best is indeed create your own WebBlock (in other eSpace, not RichWidgets) and use it instead.
That way you don't "lose" it when publishing new versions of the System Components.

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks João! I'll try it.

Best regards,
Diogo Pacheco
Hi again! With the new webblock with the javascript code from the site that i've mentioned nothing happens... I don't now if that's final code or beta code. Anyone knows any other method to this purpose?

P.S.: How can i define the icon image that i'll use in this new method? Should i use the same Prep that is used in "MobileAddToIPhoneHomeBubble"?!
Diogo Pacheco wrote:
Hi again! With the new webblock with the javascript code from the site that i've mentioned nothing happens... I don't now if that's final code or beta code. Anyone knows any other method to this purpose?

P.S.: How can i define the icon image that i'll use in this new method? Should i use the same Prep that is used in "MobileAddToIPhoneHomeBubble"?!

This is the webblock i'm using. If someone could help me and give me "the light" i'll thank him a lot! :)
UPGRADE:

I've used the RichWidget javascript so that i can compare and watch what could be the problem and now it is solved. However, the icon that appears in my Home is not the icon i would like to. Instead it appears an icon that probably is the predefinition ("a star"). What could be the problem?
Good morning! Well has i've said yesterday the icon doesn't appear as it should on Android. I get a star that seems like the "bookmark" star. However it works fine on iPhone and the icon is correct. Anyone has any idea of what could be happening? I use the same prep on my webblock that is used in the widget "MobileAddToIPhoneHomeBubble".
Hi Diogo,

This could be another android issue. You might need to send the full url path (http://server/imagepath...).

Cheers,
Tiago Simões