Re : Creating a user registation page

Re : Creating a user registation page

Hi

I'm quite new to Outsystems so sorry for these (probably) noobie questions. I hope someone can help me with a couple of issues about creating a user registration page.

First, I need to add a large amount of text to the page (the terms and conditions for the site). If I were working in Visual Studio I'd probably use something like a multiline textbox control but I can't seem to find the equivalent. What's the best way of adding a lot of text to a scrollable control so the user can read though it?

Second, is there a way to enable/disable the button to sumbit the registration when the "I have read and agree to the terms and conditions" tickbox is ticked/not ticked? I can't see how to get a reference to the button from the OnChange action for the tickbox.

Thanks in advance for any help.

regards
Steve

Hello Steven,

To show a large amount of text you can use a input box en set the number on lines on, for example, 10. In the preparation you can assign the text the local variable that is assigned to that text box.

If you really want to be shure the button can't be clicked:
1) Make an local variable boolean (let's say: acceptedTerms)
2) Set an if widget in the screen. In the true: place a button which execute the action that can be executed after accepting the terms. In the false: place a button that is doing nothing (or give a message that the terms arent accepted).
3) On the checkbox onChange action execute an action which checks if the terms are set, if so set the acceptedTerm true and refresh the if widget in the screen with an ajax refresh.

Kind regards,
Evert
Thanks Evert, I will give those both a try.

regards
Steve
Evert van der Zalm wrote:
Hello Steven,

To show a large amount of text you can use a input box en set the number on lines on, for example, 10. In the preparation you can assign the text the local variable that is assigned to that text box.

If you really want to be shure the button can't be clicked:
1) Make an local variable boolean (let's say: acceptedTerms)
2) Set an if widget in the screen. In the true: place a button which execute the action that can be executed after accepting the terms. In the false: place a button that is doing nothing (or give a message that the terms arent accepted).
3) On the checkbox onChange action execute an action which checks if the terms are set, if so set the acceptedTerm true and refresh the if widget in the screen with an ajax refresh.

Kind regards,
Evert
 replacing the second point:
 an alternative solution using an expression in the enabled property of the button instead of the If show and hide.
and ajax refresh the button container onChange of the checkbox

Hi Steve,

Please check the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Suraj
Hi Suraj and Mohamed,

You're both replying to a 3-yo post. I doubt the OP is still interested in the answer. @Suraj: this is at least the 2nd time you're necromancing an old thread. Perhaps you should check the date of the post before replying?
Hey Kilian,

Sorry I didn't check the date.
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi Suraj and Mohamed,

You're both replying to a 3-yo post. I doubt the OP is still interested in the answer. @Suraj: this is at least the 2nd time you're necromancing an old thread. Perhaps you should check the date of the post before replying?
Even Though, It's Still a very good practice and Suraj did a great efforts in showing it to the OP, even if OP will not be interested,but someone would be interested one day.