Best way to merge two separate eSpaces?

Best way to merge two separate eSpaces?

What's the best way to merge two separate eSpaces? If we just use the "Merge" system, will we lose any data when we deploy?

Right now, we're looking at copy/pasting all of the entities and screens and then writing code to copy the data over. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

J.Ja
Hi Justin

In practice the merge operation is similar to the copy/paste operation.
Entities will still be considered different if they are "owned" by a different eSpace, so you would need to manually copy the data.

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks! Is there a good way to do the data copy? Should I do a bunch of SQL scripts, or do it within an Action? Is there a tool to make this easier?

J.Ja
Can you merge the web screens into the Espace where the data resides?  This way you wouldn't have to copy the data.
Rebecca - We are also hoping to consolidate the data too. :(

This is something that really needs to be improved. I feel like once you click the Big Green Button, you can't easily make a lot of changes to the entities, even though Service Studio will let you, because of data loss.

J.Ja
Justin James wrote:
Thanks! Is there a good way to do the data copy? Should I do a bunch of SQL scripts, or do it within an Action? Is there a tool to make this easier?

J.Ja

Hi Justin.

I normally use SSMS Tools Pack to generate SQL scripts. It's an add-in for SQL Server Management Studio, very easy to use and works great:

http://www.ssmstoolspack.com/