WSE integration

Hi, 

Does Outsystems support WSE 3.0 protocol for web service?

Greetings, 

Dror

I'm not sure what's announced in that link is actually what the OP is after.

@Dror: at least currently, it does not. You'll have to make a custom extension to do this.

I doubt it will be supported since it's pretty much obsolete
Joost Landgraf wrote:

Though WSE itself may be obsolete, the technologies behind it aren't of course. Certificate signing, encrypting, etc. are all pretty much established standards. We had to use WSE3 (since stuck to .NET 2.0) a while ago for connecting to a web service built on Oracle/Unix. It can be done in .NET 3.0 and higher using integrated technology (WSE3 is an add-on), but it still uses the same stuff under water. The fact that it's possible to use client signing when you build a web service, but not sign with a client certificate using a web reference (so that you can't consume you're own web service) rather baffles me.
Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Though WSE itself may be obsolete, the technologies behind it aren't of course. Certificate signing, encrypting, etc. are all pretty much established standards. We had to use WSE3 (since stuck to .NET 2.0) a while ago for connecting to a web service built on Oracle/Unix. It can be done in .NET 3.0 and higher using integrated technology (WSE3 is an add-on), but it still uses the same stuff under water. The fact that it's possible to use client signing when you build a web service, but not sign with a client certificate using a web reference (so that you can't consume you're own web service) rather baffles me.

I agree, but if you look at it that way, there are tons of "old" standards that should be supported.
I forgot to say, I rather see WCF supported with its Java-equivalent.

Thinking out loud, it would be ace to have that WCF and start to think about multiple platform-servers working with each other so you certain espaces on 1 server and other espaces on the other and they are referenced like you normal would do, except they live on different servers. heck, 1 server could be a java stack and the other .net :)

but I am sliding offtopic, sorry about that.

Joost Landgraf wrote:

Luckily i'm stil on the design fase... Which technique is commonly  used nowadays? Indigo?
I'm at then moment at the architectual design phase.
There are three certainties: 
1. Client is .NET applicaton. 
2. Client invokes web service actions
3. communication between client and server needs to be secured.
4. Saas

? server side: I like the flexability and scalability Outsystems has to offer (eventhough for  a start-up, it's quite pricy) . Other option is to use WCF as an endpoint.

Would love to hear your comments

Dror

Please take a look at this discussion about enhanced Web Services.
In this discussion you can ask specific questions regarding support for enhanced Web Services.

The post also points to this help topic that might help you.

Hope I was able to help you.
Joao Fernandes wrote:
Please take a look at this discussion about enhanced Web Services.
In this discussion you can ask specific questions regarding support for enhanced Web Services.

The post also points to this help topic that might help you.

Hope I was able to help you.

Joao, 

Thank you for your post. 

What im actually interested is consuming Outsystems web-services using WCF. If i understand correctly your post refers to consuming .NET webservices in Outsystems. 

Dror
Dror Svartzman wrote:

Joao, 

Thank you for your post. 

What im actually interested is consuming Outsystems web-services using WCF. If i understand correctly your post refers to consuming .NET webservices in Outsystems. 

Dror

If I understand it correctly you just need to create a wcf-proxy with svcutil (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/945620/how-to-use-a-wsdl-file-to-create-a-wcf-proxy)

If you have created a webservice in service-studio (and published it ofcourse) it's reachable with

http://hostname/<eSpaceName>/[<tenantName>]/<WebServiceName>.asmx
and the wsdl:

http://hostname/<eSpaceName>/[<tenantName>]/<WebServiceName>.asmx?WSDL