import WSDL from filesystem

import WSDL from filesystem

Hi all, is it possible to import a WSDL from filesystem instead of a URL?
amaes wrote:
Hi all, is it possible to import a WSDL from filesystem instead of a URL?

Yes, when you add the Web Reference type in the path to the file (e.g. C:\.....\x.wsdl)
Hi amaes,

Yes, just right click on the "Web Services" folder in the eSpace tree, select "Add Web Reference..." and put the URI for the file in the file system (e.g. file:///C:/<path>/<filename>.wsdl):

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
I'm just playing with Web Services to make sure I can do it.  I created a very simple service in one espace and published it.  I created another espace where I want to create the caller by importing the WSDL as described in this thread.  I've searched my entire hard drive and cannot find the path where this WSDL file is located.  Any ideas?  (BTW - I'm using the community edition.)
Hi Curt.

You can find it in Service Center.
Go to the eSpace, tab Web Services.
(right below it, there is one with the consumed ones for you to change the paths when going to production)
Thanks so much!!  It was a little tough to extract the WSDL because my browser (IE 9) in it's infinite wisdom made collapseable sections from the XML code, so just saving from the browser doesn't work.  Copied it into Notepad and made some tweaks and it worked great.  An option to just download the WSDL in addition to viewing it would be nice.  Thanks again!
Hi Curt,

You actually don't need to download the WSDL to filesytem if you want to reference it in another eSpace. You just need to point to the URL. You can get the URL from the same place in Service Center.

Cheers.
"It was a little tough to extract the WSDL because my browser (IE 9) in it's infinite wisdom made collapseable sections from the XML code, so just saving from the browser doesn't work" - You can always press Ctrl+S to save the page instead of copy/pasting it, of course... Or if you really want copy/paste you can open the page's source and then copy/paste. Know your tools!