PopupEditor @ 7.0.0.15

PopupEditor @ 7.0.0.15

Hi.

Anyone having problems with the Popup_Editor widget (Rich Widgets) in Platform Server 7.0.0.15?

I can only open the popups one time on each page. The second time I click the links nothing happens. I need to refresh the page to open the popups again.

I've created a new app and has the same behavior. I've tested on Firefox, Chrome and IE, and they all have the same behavior.

I noticed that Platform Server has this on the change log:

"Fixed popup editor blocking in IE8 (#441385)"

Could this change be the cause of this problem?

Thanks!
Sorry. I forgot to check the download section and there is a new RC of the Platform Server that might solve my problem.
I will try it and give feedback.

Thanks!
Hi Carlos,

Yes revision 7.0.0.16 should fix the problem. Please let me know if not.

regards,
João Portela
The problem is fixed with PS 7.0.0.16. Thanks for the release :)

But, there's a strange behavior with Google Chrome 24 (dev channel), it doesn't close well the popups. If I click the cross on the top right corner, the popup closes, but clicking the "cancel" link most of the time does nothing. I can close the popup using the cancel link if I click the link many times.
It might be a Google Chrome bug, because it's from the dev channel, or not..
Hi Carlos,

We tried revision 7.0.0.16 with Chrome 24 dev and also noticed strange behaviors when using not only the PopupEditor widget but AJAX in general. We couldn't reproduce them in other browsers or other versions of Chrome (including Chrome 23 beta) and, as such, I'd recommend you to use a more stable version of the browser when testing your applications!

In the meanwhile we'll keep an eye on this to try to understand what's the cause of it!

Regards,
Ricardo Neto
I dont know if revision 7.0.0.16 solve it, but i notice that in 7.0.0.15 when we have a popup that is closed by a webblock inside it, the entire popup content disapeers but the popup div container remains visible (check out the image). This only appens if we press cancel, if we click the close cross it cloes ok.

I tested and this appens both in chrome and firefox.
Even stranger, if we set a breakpoint in the cancel action and try to replicate the behavior with debug everthing works ok!!!

Regards
Eduardo Luís
Ricardo Neto wrote:
Hi Carlos,

We tried revision 7.0.0.16 with Chrome 24 dev and also noticed strange behaviors when using not only the PopupEditor widget but AJAX in general. We couldn't reproduce them in other browsers or other versions of Chrome (including Chrome 23 beta) and, as such, I'd recommend you to use a more stable version of the browser when testing your applications!

In the meanwhile we'll keep an eye on this to try to understand what's the cause of it!

Regards,
Ricardo Neto

The resizing after AJAX refresh doesn't work well (at least in 7.0.0.15), namely with respect to validation messages.
Check the next picture:

If we press "Ok" the popup size increses, the popup content rearranges (notice the space between the left border and the "Apl" label) and the validation message appears. The final result is a popup without  scrollbars (i'm guessing that this is the objective), but with a validation message on top of part of the input.

This is specially annoying  when using a combo box because the validation message covers, partially or completely, the down arrow. And after a second focus this appens:

The validation message appears in the correct place but the scrollbars are back...

Regards
Eduardo Luís
I have exactly the same issue about this behavior...
Hope that Outsystems fix this problem (is not very kind for the end users) and provide it in the next release, just like João told..

Best Regards,
Gonçalo Martins