Barcode Scanner MobileApp Integration

Barcode Scanner MobileApp Integration

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a mobile app and i need to integrate a barcode scanner on it. Can anyone give me a suggestion on how to make this? I'm searching for info about ZXing Barcode Scanner but i'm open to any suggestion. Thanks.

Best regards,
Diogo Pacheco
Hi Diogo,

I think i have a solution for you. Just bare with me until I publish it in the Forge.... it uses the ZXing by the way.

Cheers,
André
Hi André!

Thanks a lot for the fast reply. I'll wait to see your solution in the Forge. Thank's a lot.

Best regards,
Diogo Pacheco
Hi Diogo,

Check out the project in Forge. http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForge/ProjectDetail.aspx?ProjectId=341

Cheers,
André
Nice work André,
was needing that for a personal project and didn't had the time to do a .net version of it. ;)

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks a lot André! ;) I'll test it and then give you feedback.

Regards,
Diogo Pacheco
Thanks guys!

The problem with the mobile app seems to be the size of the image. I'll try to confirm this and post a new version of the component if I fix it.

Cheers,
André
Well... i've a question about this topic but not about the Andre's project! How can i invoke an app installed on my android phone with my outsystems mobile application?! Is that possible through an extension? Can anyone help me with this?

Best regards,
Diogo Pacheco
Diogo,

No that's not possible with OS platform, use PhoneGap in combi with OS then it works very well.
Check out the forum, there is already a lot of information about that available

Joop