OutShare is being retired in the 31st of December, 2012

OutShare is being retired in the 31st of December, 2012

Hi everyone,

In early 2011 we launched OutShare to provide our community a simple way to spread the word about the Agile Platform.

Recently we realized that, although this initiative did attract a lot of activity generating tens of thousands of visitors to your PURLs, only a handful of people turned out to be developers who downloaded the Community Edition or joined our great Community. Worse still, we had cases of people spamming the web with their PURLs which is something that we just cannot condone.

If you have been closely following some of my posts concerning Community Site improvements you will probably have noticed that we’re in a continuous process to reduce the “clutter” in the site. We want to simplify the experience of finding answers to your questions and accelerators to your developments. Not only that but we also want to reduce the amount of “dead wood” that we end up having to maintain in detriment of the stuff that really matters to you.

With all this in mind, we have decided to retire the OutShare initiative, effective on the 31st of December, 2012.

I’m sure you will keep sharing your positive experience with the Agile Platform and the Community perhaps more informally and, dare I say, more effectively!

Thanks to all that participated,

Miguel