Integration Studio 7.0.0.14 and Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop

Integration Studio 7.0.0.14 and Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop

Hello everybody,

First, yes "Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop" is the actual name of product. :)

If you want to be on the bleeding edge, you can use VS Express 2012 for Windows Desktop with Integration Studio 7.0.014 (and maybe others but I've only tested that version).

All you have to do is, in Integration Studio, go to Edit -> Options and change the .NET settings to:

Set ".NET Integrated Development Environment" to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\WDExpress.exe
Set ".NET Compiler" to C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe (you don't have to do this, but you'll get a warning when you publish the extension)

Also, don't forget to set the "Target Framework" of all projects inside the solution to ".NET Framework 3.5"

And in case you want to download Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop, here you go: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34673. The ISO file is about 600 MB, but you can use the much smaller web installer.

Hi,

Just to let it clear for any reader: VS2012 (especially the express) are not supported in the current version.
It can cause unexpected behaviors and some features (Like Sap) won't work at all.

Regards
João Rosado
I know it isn't supported yet.

I only mentioned this for three reasons:

0. if I recall correctly, Visual Studio Express 2010 is supported (I haven't used the SAP .NET Connector for years so I don't know if it works in Express).
1. As we all know, Microsoft usually makes getting older versions of Visual Studio Express difficult by removing the links from the home page, and not listing them in the "also downloaded" area.
2. Not everyone can afford the license of Visual Studio, or our clients aren't going to pay for one, so some of us do have to use the Express edition.