"Please Wait"

Hello Everybody,
When I do a long search of a table widget for some records, I would like my page to display "Please Wait" while the application searches for the records to display.  How is this done?  Thanks in advance!

Oh, I am currently using the Outsystems 7.0 platform.

Frank
Hi Frank,

By default, using the Richwidgets theme, you get a "wait" sign on all ajax requests.

Default Sign

But you can easily customize this sign by adding some css into your theme (or just to your espace/screen), for example to show it using like this:

Custom Sign

Default Sign Css
div.Feedback_AjaxWait {
    color: white;
    font-size: 14px;
    font-weight: bold;
    position: fixed;
    bottom: 0px;
    left: 50%;
    width: 150px;
    margin-left: -75px;
    background-image: url(/UIpatterns/img/Feedback_AjaxWait_Background.png?8870);
    padding: 10px 0;
    text-align: center;
    z-index: 10000;
}
div.Feedback_AjaxWait img {
    display: none;
}

Regards,
Paulo Garrudo
Paulo, that is great, but I am having an issue with the Feedback_AjaxWait widget.  When the table records widget is done loading the records, Feedback_AjaxWait widget keeps going and displaying "Loading..."  The "Loading..." message will not stop displaying.

There is no time setting for this widget to make it stop activating.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

Frank
Hi Frank,

The loading popup disappears when the Ajax request finishes.
What platform version are you using? (and System components version)

Also did you check you browser for JavaScript errors?

Regards,
João Rosado
Joao,

If you checked my forum post above, I am using Outsystems Platform 7.0.  The page does not to have errors that it is showing.  How do you check for JavaScript errors?
Hi Frank,

Depends on the browser, think all recent browers answer to F12 to open the debugger window.
Then make sure you are on a tab with a console view.
(I always got development components installed ...so not sure on what comes by default)

Note: the reason I asked about the versions was because I wanted you to confirm that the published version of the SystemComponents (Specially the RichWidgets) were from 7.0 and matched your server version.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Frank,

Looks like someone else was hitting your problem and was kind enough to provide a sample eSpace.
Check http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForums/ViewTopic.aspx?TopicId=9570&Topic=Feedback_AjaxWait-Locked-on-screen

It's probably the same problem you were hitting.

Regards,
João Rosado