[ServiceStudio] Select Entry eSpace ...

[ServiceStudio] Select Entry eSpace ...

How can I get this to work ... ?
It (almost) never gives me the possibility to select the consumers eSpaces. 

Bug or feature :-)

v6 and v7 troublesome
Joop Stringer wrote:
How can I get this to work ... ?
It (almost) never gives me the possibility to select the consumers eSpaces. 

Bug or feature :-)

v6 and v7 troublesome

Did you "runned" the consumer espace first? 
After running the consumer eSpace it should appear in the "Select Entry eSpace..." list of the producer.
José Antunes wrote:

Did you "runned" the consumer espace first? 
After running the consumer eSpace it should appear in the "Select Entry eSpace..." list of the producer.

Ahum ... stange behaviour ... why should it first be running ?
Anyway, seems to do the trick :-)
I STILL can't figure this out.

Could someone please post a step-by-step, "click here, do this" guide? This is one of the most frustrating aspects of Service Studio.

J.Ja
Apparently this doesn't work in multi-tenant eSpaces.

That's not good.

J.Ja
Strange, here it works most of the time.

Out of my head:

1. the entry-espace must be open in service studio

2. the to-be-debugged espace must ofcourse be open in service studio as well

3. make sure the to-be-debugged-espace and entry-espace are up-to-date with references !!!
(this is important otherwise you cannot select the entry-espace as entry, because it uses an older reference of the to-be-debugged espace)

4.  in the to-be-debugged-espace select entry-espace and click on the entry-espace

5. in the to-be-debugged-espace publish it (in the debugger-menu it will say something like "publish <entry-espace> in the Public Area
(here you will notice that the 2 espaces are linked)

6. debug/break on all errors have fun
I just want to add a note on point 6. of Joost last post:

In the Debugger menu, you should select the option "Debug... in the Public Area" on both eSpaces, so you can debug the logic on both of them.

After this you can start debugging by opening the "entry-espace" (The Consumer) in the Public Area and you will be able to step into the logic of the "to-be-debugged espace" (The Producer).

Joost -

That simply does not work for me. :( I am certain that the issue is that I use multi-tenant eSpaces.

J.Ja
Here is the answer from OutSystems Support guys:

The “Select Entry eSpace” option in the Debugger should be used when you want to debug the logic of an eSpace (The Consumer) but also the referenced logic of another eSpace (The Producer) while debugging in the Consumer eSpace.

How-to:

1. Open the Producer eSpace and publish it (all references should be updated).
2. Open the Consumer eSpace and publish it (all references should be updated).
3. On the Producer eSpace, go to Debugger menu and select "Select Entry eSpace..." option.
4. On the dialog box "Select Entry eSpace", select the consumer eSpace and click "Ok".
5. On the Producer eSpace, go to Debugger menu and select "Debug <Consumer_eSpaceName> in the Public Area".
6. On the Consumer eSpace, go to Debugger menu and select "Debug in the Public Area".
7. Set breakpoints in both eSpaces (Consumer and Producer).
8. Open the Consumer eSpace in the Public Area in a web browser.
9. On the Consumer eSpace, trigger the logic to hit the breakpoints on both eSpaces.

Actually, if you need, you can open several eSpace Producers and apply the procedure above (steps 1,3,4,5,7) so you can debug their logic while debugging the Consumer eSpace at the same time.

Should you have any other questions please feel free to contact us back.

Best regards

Support :-)
Joop Stringer wrote:
Here is the answer from OutSystems Support guys:

The “Select Entry eSpace” option in the Debugger should be used when you want to debug the logic of an eSpace (The Consumer) but also the referenced logic of another eSpace (The Producer) while debugging in the Consumer eSpace.

How-to:

1. Open the Producer eSpace and publish it (all references should be updated).
2. Open the Consumer eSpace and publish it (all references should be updated).
3. On the Producer eSpace, go to Debugger menu and select "Select Entry eSpace..." option.
4. On the dialog box "Select Entry eSpace", select the consumer eSpace and click "Ok".
5. On the Producer eSpace, go to Debugger menu and select "Debug <Consumer_eSpaceName> in the Public Area".
6. On the Consumer eSpace, go to Debugger menu and select "Debug in the Public Area".
7. Set breakpoints in both eSpaces (Consumer and Producer).
8. Open the Consumer eSpace in the Public Area in a web browser.
9. On the Consumer eSpace, trigger the logic to hit the breakpoints on both eSpaces.

Actually, if you need, you can open several eSpace Producers and apply the procedure above (steps 1,3,4,5,7) so you can debug their logic while debugging the Consumer eSpace at the same time.

Should you have any other questions please feel free to contact us back.

Best regards

Support :-)

Hello Joop,

Thanks a lot for sharing this precious information.
I already observed this kind of strange behaviour but never spent time to investigate the reason or ask for some explanation.
Have a nice weekend..

Best Regards,
Gonçalo Martins