An ode to the OutSystems Community 

An ode to the OutSystems Community 

Hi everyone,

Someone said that the only constant in life is change (I bet the person who said that did not pay taxes, but that's another matter :) ). Change, as scary as it may seem at first, is the way everything evolves - from our web applications, to our companies and ultimately to ourselves.

This is a somewhat roundabout way to frame the news that I am moving on from Community Management to take on to a new challenge inside OutSystems, as part of our Expert Services team.

I'm excited about the prospect of working in the application delivery side of things - for the first time in my 11+ years here at OutSystems! Still, it's not easy leaving a role that I truly enjoyed for 15 months, made all the more exciting by the people who shared this community stage with me. That is... you.

While metrics show a healthy growth in community numbers and activity there is one thing - the most important one in my opinion - they cannot convey. And that is the constructive and friendly vibe that goes into everything each of you does when interacting with each other! From your awesome forum topics to great components you contribute, only people that visit these forums regularly, as well as those that see their challenges solved in record time, can truly understand how great it is to hang around here! I'm beyond proud on what we have achieved throughout these months, and I just know that the DNA we have imprinted this far will carry on for years to come.

In closing, and despite my change of job title, let me stress that I remain a staunch "Proud OutSystems Community Member" as the pin and my email signature states. I know that my colleague Davide Marquês (who now takes on the staff and robe of Community Manager) will continue to work in improving our experience as members and evolving this Community to great new heights. He's a great guy and I just know you will welcome and aid him has much as you have done me!

See you all around the Community and keep up the good work, :)

Miguel
You where a good fellow....
O wait you're not leaving (-: WHOEHOE (simpson sound)

You did it well and will we keep seeing you around!

That new guy better be prepared for getting to that highly standard (-;
Hi Miguel,

First of all congratulations for your great work and support during this long months.
I hope we can count on your presence in the Community once in a while..
Good luck
for your new challenge inside OutSystems and good luck for the new Community Manager.

Cheers ,
Gonçalo M.

Miguel -

Thanks for the hard work you've put into making the OutSystems community so great! Maybe we can end up working together on a project in the future now?

J.Ja
Miguel,

We're gonna miss you as we did with Paulo ... however the world keeps on turning and a new job got new challenges for you.
Better make it a good one :-)

Lots of succes to you and to Davide ... he'll get a hard time with us on the forum GRIN 

Muito obrigado y até logo

Joop
Miguel,

Congratulations on the great opportunity to move to the Expert Services team - after all, someone with your background and history at OutSystems could only move to an "Expert" role, no less :)

I am proud to see where the Community is today, and it's very much thanks to your work all all of the amazing people that are part of it. You did a good job, and now we're all looking forward for Davide to take it to yet another level with the help of each one of us. 

Welcome Davide, and long live the OutSystems Community!

Paulo

Thanks for all the kind words guys and special thanks to my predecessor Paulo, who handed me this fine house in such great working order that keeping it running was a matter of not breaking too much stuff myself. :)

@Evert: it was great meeting you yesterday and, don't worry, you won't all be rid of me that easily - I'm a bit of a stickler! lol

Over to Davide, our new fearless leader - all the best, man!

Miguel
Miguel,

THIS IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT!!!!

Actually, I have no idea :) It saddens me that you are moving on, but I am glad as well.
Davide has got a great challenge and I am sure he will conquer us like you did!

Thanks for the hard work and effort you have made. After all, the person who has got the role of first rebound is always the toughest :)
To see you in real life is always a pleasure and the energy you sent out is always very positive and alive.
I will miss ya!

There's nothing more I can add that hasn't already been said, except that it's a shame I couldn't meet you at B&B (I was ill).
Hi everyone! :)

During this transition period Miguel has been my Obi-Wan Kenobi, guiding me through the use of the [community] force.
Fortunately for us I know that if I ever get tempted by the dark side we I can count on hist ghostly intervention to get me back on track.

Let the challenge begin! :)

Cheers,
Davide
Davide Marquês wrote:

During this transition period Miguel has been my Obi-Wan Kenobi, guiding me through the use of the [community] force.
Fortunately for us I know that if I ever get tempted by the dark side we I can count on hist ghostly intervention to get me back on track.

Cheers,
Davide

Lots of luck, you'll need it here :-)
Welcome !!!
Davide Marquês wrote:

Cheers,
Davide

Hi Davide,

Good luck for your new challenge..You'll have a huge legacy from your master Miguel to defend :)
Count on us to help you and...Welcome to the Agile Side of the Force...

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo Martins
Joost Landgraf wrote:

THIS IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT!!!!

ahaha... did you get permission from Joop to use his catchphrase, Joost? :)

Seriously, anyone that needs proof about how great the individuals in this community are, and how much honest to goodness fun they put into the serious matter of developing great apps, he or she needs only read this thread.

Each and every one of you, Paulo Tavares (like me, a ghost of Christmas past) and Davide (ghost of Christmas present lol) included, are just stars!

Miguel
@Miguel, apparently my first challenge is learning the inside jokes! :)

@Gonçalo, I don't recall that scene on the movie. lol
Awesome job! ;)
I have no recollection of that movie 100%. Watching stone erode by water is more fun than those abominations... (ep 1-3, not the original versions :) )

@Davide Good luck!
Davide Marquês wrote:
@Miguel, apparently my first challenge is learning the inside jokes! :)

@Gonçalo, I don't recall that scene on the movie. lol
Awesome job! ;)

Hi Davide,
This scene is from a new version recently release and guess what?!!..It's in your hands now the challenge to continue Miguel's journey :)
Good luck and welcome..

Best Regards,
Gonçalo Martins