Select a record in a Combobox to set a select filter in a new combobox

Select a record in a Combobox to set a select filter in a new combobox

I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I have page with 2 combo boxes. When the user selects 1 value from the first combobox I need that value to only select items with that value in the second combobox. To me it seems pretty simple just pass a input parm to a SQL select, the problem is I don't see the SQL for the comboboxes.

Thanks

Dan

Dan Kozlowski wrote:

I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I have page with 2 combo boxes. When the user selects 1 value from the first combobox I need that value to only select items with that value in the second combobox. To me it seems pretty simple just pass a input parm to a SQL select, the problem is I don't see the SQL for the comboboxes.

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

I gave you an example, you just have to follow it.
I hope help you

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel
Thanks Diogo,

It was just what  I thougt a SQL query with a input parm. I was confused by the fact a straight combobox does but have a default SQL query in the prepare.

wrote
:

Hi Dan,

I gave you an example, you just have to follow it.
I hope help you

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel

Diogo, I still have a problem where it looks to me like the prepare only runs onces so it does not refresh the second combobox after after selecting a entry in the first combobox.
Dan Kozlowski wrote:
Diogo, I still have a problem where it looks to me like the prepare only runs onces so it does not refresh the second combobox after after selecting a entry in the first combobox.

Hi Dan,

Can you post here the oml to see which is the error?

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel

Diogo,

I just attached the OML. With your help the 2 comboboxes are working on the add but not from the edit screen. 

wrote:

Diogo,

I just attached the OML. With your help the 2 comboboxes are working on the add but not from the edit screen. 

Dan,

I don't know why don't worked at the Edit, but i made a change. Try it, but if don't work tell me and explain better what you want to do, however i think it will work now.

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel

Diogo,

I apprecite all your help. The comobox on the edit is working, Just wondering if we can have it show that items  that were saved to the DB first , so they can decide if they need to change the item by selecting a new item in the combobox before it writes the update to the DB.

Dan Kozlowski wrote:
Diogo,

I apprecite all your help. The comobox on the edit is working, Just wondering if we can have it show that items  that were saved to the DB first , so they can decide if they need to change the item by selecting a new item in the combobox before it writes the update to the DB.

Dan,

It's my fault, i forgot to do that. In your Prepartion you have to put an assign and in that assign you assign the value which come from the query(the query you used to populate the Edit Record) to the local variable AppId.

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel
Diogo,

I am so sorry stil struggling on my first proof of concept. I have the Application Combobox working on the edit page but still can't get the FROM APPLICATION and TO APPLICATION Combobox working on the edit. I thought I would follow what you did on the Application Combobox so I created a FROM variable and set it from the prepare. Attached is my new OML.

Thanks Again

Diogo Miguel wrote
:

Dan,

It's my fault, i forgot to do that. In your Prepartion you have to put an assign and in that assign you assign the value which come from the query(the query you used to populate the Edit Record) to the local variable AppId.

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel

wrote:

Dan,

I think i found the problem.
Check the attach.
After today i will return to work on 26th day of december, but i will try come to forum to see if you have another problem or if the problem was solved :)

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel
Diogo,

The edit on the list box still are not working properly. They just show a - and not the values from the edit.  I am so confused. Is this a bug or is just that complex to do ? Thanks again for all your help.
Dan Kozlowski wrote:
Diogo,

The edit on the list box still are not working properly. They just show a - and not the values from the edit.  I am so confused. Is this a bug or is just that complex to do ? Thanks again for all your help.

Hi Dan,

I think the problem was the Assign in Action AppId_OnChange. The only thing i did it was change the Action AppId_OnChange, check the attach.
Now i'm sure it will work, there's no other way to do it.

Best Regards,
Diogo Miguel
Did the final attachement useful? I am also curious about this question on the combobox filtering. I don't have much experience before with the combobox things, I just know a bit on the UI combobox control. I think I gained a lot from the discussion around this topic.