Export to Excel - issues.

Export to Excel - issues.

Hi !

When I click 'Export to Excel' I am able to download the excel file. Now what I need is that the column headers in the excel file should be highlighted. I mean I need to show the column headers with 'BOLD' format.
Also, when I display date in a column, it also shows the time. I suppose the default type of the Date column is DateTime in the excel sheet. But, how should I make it Date ?

Any hints ?

Thanks !
Take a look at the new Advanced Excel component in the Forge area of the Network --> http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForge/ProjectDetail.aspx?ProjectId=355

I think you may be able to apply the bold style but you must provide a base file first with the formatting. I haven't used this component yet. 

Joao Heleno

Thanks for your quick concern, but I need to use the simple functionality to export into excel, I do not intend to use component for that.
Is there any solution with the simple functionality ?

Thanks!
Hi !

When I download the excel file from the application link  'Export to Excel', in the excel file I find a ManufacturedDate column which shows the recorded date and time too. Now the problem is that I do have the ManufacturedDate variable in my application but, the type of it is Date, not DateTime.

Has anybody encountered the same problem ?

Thanks !
Nikhil Shravage wrote:
Hi !

When I download the excel file from the application link  'Export to Excel', in the excel file I find a ManufacturedDate column which shows the recorded date and time too. Now the problem is that I do have the ManufacturedDate variable in my application but, the type of it is Date, not DateTime.

Has anybody encountered the same problem ?

Thanks !

Yes; I have seen the same issue.  When you export a table and the structure refrences a Date datatype  - Excel will convert this to a datatime column.  Does anyone have a solution to this? 
Hi Ameet,

If the structure variable datatype is text it shows the value in the DateTime manner. So, make sure you use the RefreshQuery Element and the duplicate the list using ListDuplicate action. Then, you iterate the foreach loop on the duplicate list and for that particular 'date' variable in the Structure you assign value in the following way:

TextToDate(ListDuplicate.List.Current.StructureTest.DateVariable)

I hope it works.

Cheers!!