REST and SOAP

How would I get my page to consume a RESTful service from the Outsystems UI?  I assume I would have to define the input/output somewhere.  

Also the same for SOAP, but I am much more interested in the REST interface as nobody uses SOAP anymore...

These services would be running on external servers, which would belong to a different AIS.
I found a video online showing how to do the SOAP part, I still need to figure out the REST side though, most of the external AISs I have to communicate with use REST.
I usually do an extension with Integration Studio, using a library like Rest Sharp. There's also a very good REST component in the Forge that you may want to look at.

J.Ja
Hi Rocky,

Just to help you, the component is in here: http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkForge/ProjectDetail.aspx?ProjectId=335

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.
@Rocky, you can use our "WebServiceEngine" it will serve your purpose, it converts any action or SOAP method into REST.

You could then provide your developers with web services in SOAP and/or REST with support for both XML and JSON format.

(You write business logic code once, and support everything!)

@Gonçalo, Thanks for supporting our component :)
Robert Chanphakeo wrote:

@Gonçalo, Thanks for supporting our component :)

You don't need to thank me for nothing .....
I'm just trying to help someone with my humble knowledge and support good initiatives that help us saving development time by sharing components that make sense and work well according to our requirements. ;)

Kind Regards,
Gonçalo M.

Rocky Pulley wrote:
How would I get my page to consume a RESTful service from the Outsystems UI?  I assume I would have to define the input/output somewhere.  

Also the same for SOAP, but I am much more interested in the REST interface as nobody uses SOAP anymore...

These services would be running on external servers, which would belong to a different AIS.

Hi for my .NET projects I use http://json.codeplex.com/, so I think you can create a extension with Integration Studio that receive a Record List and just convert it using JSON.NET library.