PDF opening in iPad (ibooks)

PDF opening in iPad (ibooks)

Hi guys,

First at all Best Wishes for 2013 !

Momently I'm developing an browserbased (Firefox/IE/Chrome) an iPad Application for a Customer.
In my eSpace the Action "GeneratePDF" is used for creating a PDF file, from a html webpage.
The PDF can be opened in the browser, works fine, and also Using the iPad.

I'm wondering if it's possible? to open the PDF file Using the iPad directly in Ibooks (Pdf Reader of Ipad).
Can a output parameter be given in Outsystems for GeneratePDF or in another setting, when generating the Pdf file
it's linking directly to the favorite PDF Reader when using the iPad.

Any help / technical advise would be fine..

Kindly Regards,
Yusuf
Yusuf Yildirim wrote:
Hi guys,

First at all Best Wishes for 2013 !

Momently I'm developing an browserbased (Firefox/IE/Chrome) an iPad Application for a Customer.
In my eSpace the Action "GeneratePDF" is used for creating a PDF file, from a html webpage.
The PDF can be opened in the browser, works fine, and also Using the iPad.

I'm wondering if it's possible? to open the PDF file Using the iPad directly in Ibooks (Pdf Reader of Ipad).
Can a output parameter be given in Outsystems for GeneratePDF or in another setting, when generating the Pdf file
it's linking directly to the favorite PDF Reader when using the iPad.

Any help / technical advise would be fine..

Kindly Regards,
Yusuf

Hello Yusuf!

I've made a quick search and found that apparently you cannot automate this. When the user views the PDF in Safari and has iBooks installed, there will be a button to open it in iBooks (or other apps that can read PDFs).

But, if you or anyone finds some workaround, share it with us here!

Cheers,
Miguel