Calculating the Total in a Record List

Calculating the Total in a Record List

Hello All,

I have run into a little problem in trying to calculate the total from a record list. I have two data fields that are linked with one another.  One data group gathers all the information about a specific property and the other one keeps track of the "accounting" portion related to that property.  I am trying to calculate the "Rolling Balance" for each Property.  The "Rolling Balance" attribute is under the "Property" entity and the income/expense attributes are under "accounting" entity.

Here is a screenshot of what the screen shot of what the page looks like.

When someone clicks on "New Transaction" a popup window comes up to let them enter the transaction details.  I tried to do the math for "Rolling Balance" in this window but keep running into the error shown on this screen.

Any suggestions on how this can be handled or how I can calculate rolling balance?
The problem is in the input variable in the rolling ballance.
Build a query to get the rollingbalance, and change the input.

Best Regards,
Luís Teixeira

Luís Teixeira wrote:

Best Regards,
Luís Teixeira

Yep, that.
And if you're getting the records from a table, you can also use ROLLUP to get totals. See here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb522495(v=sql.105).aspx

regards
Luís Teixeira wrote:

Best Regards,
Luís Teixeira

I was able to add the query to get the RollingBalance, however I'm still facing issues with the input field.  It says "Invalid 'Null Value' data type for specified variable."

All three fields are Currency fields and this is the value that I am putting in the Null Value input field
GetProperty(PropertyId).Property.RollingBalance + Accounting_Income.TypedValue - Accouting_Expense.TypedValue

In edit record do you have the table Lease? If you have, try to put this value (AccountingEdit.Lease.RollingBalance) in place of (GetLease(LeaseId).Lease.RollingBalance).
See if recognize the value of the variable introduced.

hello,,
how I can calculate a formula type a / b * 100 using an application outsystem knowing that a: a value entered by the user and b is a value already exists in the base data is what I need to create a screen Action at the corresponding interface

so what iexacly want to do is to making in application of consomation of fuel so i have to calculate a distance traveled since the last full  and average consomation

pleese help
You can use Advanced Query or others connections to data base to get value and do operation with the value.