Community Licence

Hi,

I am having difficulties applying the Community license on my personal server. 10 days after applying the community license, the ServiceCenter blocks all applications, informing that the license is expired, showing me the 30 days trial license (300 SUs). After that, I have to reapply the license community. How do I resolve this Issue once and for all? Someone in the community has been there?

Thanks.
Breno
Hi,
To solve the problem you must send an email requesting license OutSystems.
Outsystems send  to you an email with the license .

More details. http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9696/licensing-for-the-community-edition/

Best Regards
Luís Teixeira
Thanks Luís.

My trouble is the same problem from this post that you sent to me. But, I see that this post don't has a solution. I sent to owner a message asking him a feedback, if he has found a solution to this problem.

Thanks for help me.
Hi Breno,

Send an email to outssytems to request license community.
They will send you a license and explain how to install in service center:

Procedure after receive license.

• Download the attached license file to your computer;
  • Access Service Center (your local server management console) at http://localhost/ServiceCenter
  • Go to the Administration tab and select Licensing
  • Click the Upload New License link and upload the attached free Community Edition license

Best Regards,
Luís Teixeira
Hi,

That's exactly what Luís said an explained (nice work there).
Any addicional doubt just say it.

Best Regards,
GM
Gonçalo Martins wrote:
Hi,

That's exactly what Luís said an explained (nice work there).
Any addicional doubt just say it.

Best Regards,
GM

Luís / Gonçalo.

I've done these steps, downloading the "free" license available on the Network. However, sometimes the service center is invalidating the license.

I don't know exactly the reason to start this trigger, making the platform to invalidate the license.
Hi Breno, 

You are dowloding the license or outsystems send to you the license?
Best Regards,
LT
Hi Luís.

I'm filling a form existant at http://www.outsystems.com/community-edition-request/, and then outsystems is sending to me by email a licence file. But applying this file don't is working. It even works, but for a short time. After, the servicecenter displays the message "license expired" in red, showing me informations  about the Trial license (0-300k SUs).

Thanks for help me.
Regards,
Breno
Breno Nico wrote:
Hi Luís.

I'm filling a form existant at http://www.outsystems.com/community-edition-request/, and then outsystems is sending to me by email a licence file. But applying this file don't is working. It even works, but for a short time. After, the servicecenter displays the message "license expired" in red, showing me informations  about the Trial license (0-300k SUs).

Thanks for help me.
Regards,
Breno

Oi Breno, tudo legal?

Confirm if the 5 OutSystems* services are running. If not, check if there is any error in event viewer causing them to fail.
Also, it's possible that some changes to the machine configuration can cause the license to become invalid. It has happened to me in the past, in my laptop, when I used the hardware wifi switch in my laptop (which means the generated serial nr depends on the network adapters, among possibly other things).
If this fails, please send an email to OS Support (support@outsystems.com) describing the problem, they will be able to help you.

Cheers,
Paulo
Tudo ótimo Paulo!

I'm using a cloud server (virtual server), which is in a data center. I checked and all services are started. Is there some impact of using this type of community server license (virtual)? Sincerely I don't know what behavior of the data center about the physical address of network components? I have no idea!

Bellow, the print screen of Windows Service:

Paulo Ramos wrote:

Oi Breno, tudo legal?

Confirm if the 5 OutSystems* services are running. If not, check if there is any error in event viewer causing them to fail.
Also, it's possible that some changes to the machine configuration can cause the license to become invalid. It has happened to me in the past, in my laptop, when I used the hardware wifi switch in my laptop (which means the generated serial nr depends on the network adapters, among possibly other things).
If this fails, please send an email to OS Support (support@outsystems.com) describing the problem, they will be able to help you.

Cheers,
Paulo

Hi Paulo,

I just checked in the server event log (windows), the following message:

Error sending log: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'OPTION'.

at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.#89(DbException e, IDbTransaction trans)

at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBHelper.ExecuteNonQueryDontCleanParameters(IDbCommand cmd, String description, Boolean isApplication, Boolean skipLog)

at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.DBRuntimePlatform.CreateExtensionLog(IDbConnection conn, ExtensionLog log, Int32 cycleSize)

at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.LoggerSynchronous.Log(ExtensionLog log)

at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Log.RuntimeLogger.Log(ExtensionLog extensionLog)

Message generated by eSpace ServiceCenter.
Hi Breno

The problem you are having occurs due to a bug in the Community Edition. Check here for more details.

Cheers,
Acácio
Hi everyone!

People looking for a Community Edition license for OutSystem Platform version 8 can request one here:
http://www.outsystems.com/community/license/

I hope that helps. ;)

Cheers,
Davide